Gibson Brands Forums

P90s backordered everywhere?

seabeesw

Did I miss some big P90 renaissance? Nowhere has original P90s right now. Gibson, Zzounds, AMS (I’m aware they share common distribution), Sweetwater, GC, Musicians Friend are all backordered, with no inclination of when restock will occur. Does this happen frequently? I haven’t bought aftermarket pickups for a while, but I’ve never had any trouble in the past getting ahold of Gibson pickups. What the heck is going on? 

You may find USA Gibson Cream or Black Plastic Covered P90’s.. Forget about USA Gibson Nickel Chrome Dogear P90’s.. Gibson didn’t offer them before the Pandemic aftermarket.. 

You may have better luck with Thro Bak, Fralin, Lollar & Duncan.. 

12 hours ago, Strong Heavy said:

Have a look to Lindy Fralin P90 pickups, very good P90 :  https://www.fralinpickups.com/product-category/guitar-pickups/p90-pickups/

I put in a few of Lindy's pup in guitars I had. Top shelf stuff. I've even called them and talked to him on the phone. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I know there are other P90 alternatives out there, and I may end up going with one if Gibson continues to stay backordered, but I’m a big fan of the original dogear P90. I love my Junior, but the slug version just doesn’t do it for me. It’s just baffling to me as to how one of the most iconic pickups in the Gibson lineup can be in such short supply. To me it’s like Taco Bell running out of tortillas. Everywhere wants to lean on the  “recovering from the pandemic” excuse, but we’re 2 years downstream from the worst of it. As of today, there’s still no indication from any of the distributors as to when they’ll be available, and Gibson customer service has been straight up unreachable concerning this.