Gibson Brands Forums

Memphis "hand select" ES-335

flashgorman

8 hours ago, flashgorman said:

Just wondering if they have a means to update/ correct the information. If I go to sell the guitar someday, is that a problem? 

Once the guitar leaves their shipping dock it is no longer theirs.  They don't care enough about the serial numbers of their guitars to not have the myriad problems there are with Gibson serial numbers, so I sincerely doubt they would have any interest in updating information about guitars they don't own.  Gibson serial numbers are among the most difficult to wrangle, they are proof positive that serial numbers don't mean a thing.

rct

I would continue to call and and write Gibson, just give them the serial number and ask them for what year and model it is, and for specs.  This "Hand Select is something new to me, and I never saw a label like that.  As wonky as it looks, I guess it is legit as I did find another one.  Hand Select  Don't know why you think your s/n is wrong.  Looks totally right for 2017, though not a 2016.  Could also be a 2016 model made in 2017.