Gibson Brands Forums

An unexpected NGD

saturn

I didn't think I would be posting a NGD anytime soon,   but here I am. 

My wife and I were coming back from a little day-trip to Rock Hall Md and we stopped in a  town called Chestertown.  There was a small music shop there and I decided to check it out while my wife went into a little art gallery. The place was  about to close in 30 minutes, so I figured I'd just poke around for a few minutes and leave. A young guy working there talked me into plugging in this Squire Mustang they had on sale for $169.  It was a decent guitar, but as I was playing it I saw this pretty blue PRS Custom 22 hanging on the wall right in front of me. It had a price tag of $1099. I commented that it must be an SE, but he said no. Made right up the road in Stevensville. Some old dude brought it in to sell on consignment. Just then my wife walked in and saw me playing it. She always liked the bird inlays on PRS and told me I should get it. It would be my Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary gift. When I saw that a nice Gator case was included, I reluctantly said "OK if you insist" . 😎

img

img

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/11/2023 at 8:13 AM, Karloff said:

very nice. have you ever toured the PRS factory ? I've always meant to but have never gotten around to it. 

No. I have known several people over the years who work there and have invited me. But I have so far not found the time to do it. I have been in their lobby to drop off and pick up my PRS amp for repair. Nice looking facility from the front. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saturn said:

No. I have known several people over the years who work there and have invited me. But I have so far not found the time to do it. I have been in their lobby to drop off and pick up my PRS amp for repair. Nice looking facility from the front. 

one of these days I'll get around to it ...