Gibson Brands Forums

The Snark That Broke And Was JB Welded Broke Again...

Murph

I have a Peterson Stroboclip on my J-45 and the Peterson ap on my phone, but I kept the Snark on my J-15 and an old Fishman FT-2 on my 1933 Gibson mandolin.

I just ordered another Fishman FT-2 from Strings and Beyond. I like how it folds down out of the way and you can just leave it on. And they are much tougher and durable.

Those Snarks are simply too fragile.

I’ve had 3 Snarks, 2 broke & one that I’m sure will at some point.. Great invention poorly made…

I keep looking at the others….

Meanwhile, I’ve had the Wireless X Vives for a 3-4 years & loved them.. Until the Rechargeable Batteries won’t recharge. I went to buy some new rechargeable batteries & asked how to change them. They said, you can’t.. So, I went to YouTube. There’s a guy who figured out how to do it but broke a couple Sets before figuring it out.. But, it’s not an easy process & most of us will break them in the process.. The Solution is to throw them away & buy some new ones.. Another great Invention poorly made.. 

Edited by Larsongs

I've had a couple of those Snarks or Snark wannabes. People rave, I yawn. I have one around here somewhere that looks like a large tie clip that works pretty good. 

But of late, I'm using a Korg from about 2004, about the size of a pack of cigarettes but thinner. I think my M-38's case still holds a Korg Micro Six in it's original box from 1984. My father bought it new for $39.99.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The Peterson is made much better and more accurate.

I love my Peterson, but I have too many acoustic instruments to load each with a Peterson.

I leave it on the J-45 most of the time.

It's the travel that is hard on clip-on tuners and I play around a bit still.

That didn't sound right......

Pano Tuner lite ap on my phone. Works great. But, of course not convenient to tune on the fly for you gigging folks. Once Tuned my Gibsons stay in tune for days.  I am not a heavy handed player, never use a pick. 

20 dollar tuners are expendable items IMHO.

I have three or four of them.  that ball joint on the Snarks  wear out, and once that happens, they get real flakey, well actually they stop working all together.

When they start acting up, I toss em and I don't replace them.

The Peterson Strob-o-clip HD I've had for about 4 years now, has held up quite well.

I guess it's still down to, ya get what ya pay for.

Edited by kidblast

5 minutes ago, kidblast said:

20 dollar tuners are expendable items IMHO.

I have three or four of them.  

I have a Peterson Stroboclip, and several Fishman FT2's. And the Peterson ap on my phone. I just enjoy fixing/saving things. This one lives on the roundneck Recording King.