Gibson Brands Forums

How to cook good rice.

dem00n

Ok what you need:

1. a sauce pan with lid

2.short rice

3.oil

4. salt (only if u you want to)

A. Add 2 cups of water to the sauce pan and put the stove on med.

B. Get a cup of short rice ready

C. add very lil oil to the water.

D.When the water starts to boil put the tempture of the heat to low on the stove

E. Add rice to water, make sure you put the lid right after you put the rice in.

F. Let the rice boil for 15-25 mins...if you see the water dry into the rice and it might be ready...never take off the lid durning the 15-25 mins

G.After you see the water is gone take it off the stove and let the rice cool of for 5 mins with lid on!

H. Put in a boil and eat it! Hot or Cold...you can add salt if you want!

I think it's a useful thread... this might make some of you guys laugh out loud, but I can cook lots of stuff, gourmet, international, national, soups, salads, entries, desserts, fast food, BUT I never learned to cook rice (at least not rice I would be proud of) so my girl makes it all the time while I cook the rest of the stuff...

Ok what you need:

1. a sauce pan with lid

You got the saucepan right - provided the lid fits tight.

Boil a kettle of water.

For three people' date=' melt a knob of butter in the saucepan over a medium-high heat adding a pinch of salt.

Empty a mug of long grain rice, preferably Basmati, into the pan and turn with a wooden spatula to coat the grains thinly with the melted butter.

Use the same mug to add an equal volume of boiling water plus 10% more to the saucepan.

When the water starts bubbling, put the lid on, turn the heat as low as you can and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.

[b']Do not let anybody lift the lid off the pan during this period.[/b]

RN

Right' date=' 'cause I'M the wasted life...

Go make some rice...[/quote']

Im not making fun of you oilpit im just telling you that alot of lives go to waste cause they dont know how to cook basic stuff...

Also you seem to always have issues...you should go to your school guidence counsolor.

...Well at least i wont be the fat *** eating fast food everday cause you dont know how to cook...eh anthor life gone to waste. [-(

Lives arnt wasted because of fast food, its quantity not quality. People over eat, we all do it. I used to eat when I was bored, I still do it sometimes. I exercise alot tho.

Lives arnt wasted because of fast food' date=' its quantity not quality. People over eat, we all do it. I used to eat when I was bored, I still do it sometimes. I exercise alot tho.[/quote']

Ya but you exercise...that sort of evens it out a little.

Number one thing I was taught as a boy was how to cook. I was the oldest of four and had to take care of us while my dad was gone and mom did her thing. Helped out a lot being a batchler. The ladies love it when you cook for them. Good food, Fine wine, Always leads to a good time.

Everyone should know how to cook at least enough to be able to feed themselves and rice is a great staple that I had no idea how to prepare outside of the instant stuff. I have a lot of vowels in my last name but my expertise falls towards pasta rather than rice.

Ok what you need:

1. a sauce pan with lid

2.short rice

3.oil

4. salt (only if u you want to)

A. Add 2 cups of water to the sauce pan and put the stove on med.

B. Get a cup of short rice ready

C. add very lil oil to the water.

D.When the water starts to boil put the tempture of the heat to low on the stove

E. Add rice to water' date=' make sure you put the lid right after you put the rice in.

F. Let the rice boil for 15-25 mins...if you see the water dry into the rice and it might be ready...never take off the lid durning the 15-25 mins

G.After you see the water is gone take it off the stove and let the rice cool of for 5 mins with lid on!

H. Put in a boil and eat it! Hot or Cold...you can add salt if you want!

[/quote']

Or to make it more easier in your part, get a rice cooker put the right amount of water and oil

turn it on walk away and play your guitar.

We already have the technology to do this stuff,use it!!!!!LOL =D>

Lives arnt wasted because of fast food' date=' its quantity not quality. People over eat, we all do it. I used to eat when I was bored, I still do it sometimes. I exercise alot tho.[/quote']

Yes and no.

Almost all fast food is going to be high in cholesterol and if one needs to watch their cholesterol intake then fast food even in moderation can be bad. I know because I'm supposed to watch mine and exercise does help, but for those who has high cholesterol due to family ties it doesn't help that much - again, I know from experience.

So it is beneficial to learn how to shop for leaner cuts of meat, be able to make healthy choices, and cook for yourself.

Oh, and I love rice so I bought a rice cooker.

Archived