Gibson Brands Forums

Old WD-40 ad before PC censorship (1964)

• gearbasher changed the title to Old WD-40 ad before PC censorship (1964)

When I lived in government quarters in the mid-late 1980's, on Fort Rucker, Alabama, there was talk among the Army housewives. 

It was said that if you rubbed WD-40 on your boobies, they would grow bigger. 

This was before the internet right?,
But it was a form of urban legend nonetheless. 
Guys on the flightline talked about it. 
Different guys admitted that they were applying the WD-40 to their young wife's frontal appendages, just for fun sport. 

Anyway. 
I was standing in the checkout line at the Shopette/Class VI store one day in 1987, and idly wondering if the line was ever going to move. 
I stood directly behind a young blonde Army housewife, and she had her basket full of yoghurt and sodas and other such things. 
I had a 12-pack of some cheap beer, for the gathering after that evening's night flights. 

Funny thing though;
I smelled the distinctive aroma of WD-40. 

At some point, I leaned forward to fetch a pack of gum off the stand there, and leaned over the shoulder of the sweet young thing there in front of me. 
She was lean and small breasted, and she reeked of WD-40. 

I smiled inwardly. 

I'm a very bad person. 
😗

Edited by sparquelito
typo corrected
  • Haha 1

A girl was telling me about urban legend stuff like that. WD40 on the boobs and whatnot. She was saying she wished there was SOME method that worked. 

I suggested she fold up a handful of toilet paper a couple times a day and rub it between her breasts. 

She said, “do you really think that will work?”

I said,  “well, it worked great on your butt!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Should have posted it on April 1st.  

• The product name is, and always had been, properly rendered as WD-40 (or WD*40)
  • Reference to a “red knob” that wasn’t yet a feature of the product in 1964. (the distinctive red cap that we all associate with cans of WD-40 today was originally black)
  • Clean text on wrinkled paper.... etc etc

Yeah. I didn't think it was real either.  The US might not have been PC in 1964, but it was pretty sexually repressed .