Gibson Brands Forums

Nice product placement

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And the price on used ones just went up.

Do you know what that is?  I’m not familiar enough yet with all the different hollowbodies.  I remember reading something somewhere about diamond sound holes.  

17 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

That model looks good in Pelham Blue.

It’s like Trini Lopez’s hollow body, but in that ugly color. And they were a small fortune new. My wife can’t stand Dave cause he apparently talked smack about Taylor. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, PrairieDog said:

The laugh is because I’m laughing at myself showing just how much I know about FF and who Dave Grohl is.  😄 

It’s better that way. Boring rock music where the guitarist is really a drummer from a band who ended a lot of careers.

1 hour ago, PrairieDog said:

The laugh is because I’m laughing at myself showing just how much I know about FF and who Dave Grohl is.  😄 

haha!!  the only reason I remembered is b/c when I first saw it, I thought, 

wow  what a great way to  f--- up a 335.

it kind of stuck who's it was.

• Like 1

I like Dave Grohl pretty much. 

And I admire how he actually plays his signature guitar on tour, year after year, instead of just promoting the sale of it every now and then, and playing other guitars in concert the whole while. 

My one criticism is that he drops the F-bomb far too often. 
It's like a broken record. 

And bear in mind, I cut my teeth traveling around in the US Army of the late 1970's and 1980's. 
****, or some permutation of ****, was just about every other word in the vocabulary of the Attack Aviation and Air Cavalry types back then. 

🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveFord said:

I would love to own one of those.  

The price tag always scared me away.

The price tag is crazy high. 

"Let's see, I can either replace my HVAC unit at the house, or I can buy a used Dave Grohl signature DG335......"

Not even a toss-up. 
🤨

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Ouch…

No offense.  I never did have much use for the local papers in the Twin Cities by the time I moved away in 1978 and finally again in 1984.  I’m sure they aren’t any better nowadays.  Come to think of it, I can’t think of a single newspaper in any of the many places I’ve lived over the years that were worth reading.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

No offense.  I never did have much use for the local papers in the Twin Cities by the time I moved away in 1978 and finally again in 1984.  I’m sure they aren’t any better nowadays.  Come to think of it, I can’t think of a single newspaper in any of the many places I’ve lived over the years that were worth reading.

Well, not like you have an opinion or anything 😆 Funny, I was working for the paper in 1978.  One interesting bit, the Strib back then was actually a pretty good paper and had a national reputation for fairness.  One way they tell is how many view it biased one way or the other.  The metrics always came back smack in the middle.  Meaning, they po’ed everybody off.  😁

On 7/29/2024 at 5:28 PM, sparquelito said:

I like Dave Grohl pretty much. 

And I admire how he actually plays his signature guitar on tour, year after year, instead of just promoting the sale of it every now and then, and playing other guitars in concert the whole while. 

My one criticism is that he drops the F-bomb far too often. 
It's like a broken record. 

And bear in mind, I cut my teeth traveling around in the US Army of the late 1970's and 1980's. 
****, or some permutation of ****, was just about every other word in the vocabulary of the Attack Aviation and Air Cavalry types back then. 

🤔

I agree. FF just keep putting out great songs for about 30 years now. Dave does drop the F bomb a lot though. 

I saw the 25th Anniversary show in DC, where Dave played in his GOT wheelchair with a broken leg.