Gibson Brands Forums

switching from 9s to 10s

callen3615

Billy Gibbons uses .08's and he has tone as big as Texas.

Yeah?...If I owned 'Pearly Gates' I'd be just as famous and good as The Rev B. G. Hah!

Seriously, though; a lot of the time I play un-amplified and the difference in tone is tangible.

Even amplified I plug my LP straight into my MM2x12 and that's it. The tone has improved by a small but noticeable margin.

I suspect The Rev has something more sophisticated at his disposal...

Possibly.

BillyGibbons-1024.jpg

Louis Vuitton! I like it!!!

There's something very odd going on here;

The Rev. is right-handed and in the photo he is playing right-handed. Why, then, is the Gretsch logo reversed? =D>

BTW; My Grannie had a tea-cosy just like his one.......

Gretch is backwards and Crate V50 logo is forwards. There's some Photo Shoppin' going on.

Just a thought but perhaps there are rules about showing brand-names other than your own in any promotional material? :-k

Nope, nothing wrong with the photo. You guys know The Rev has more than a few custom guitars including a a couple of reverse/mirror Gretsch Jupiters. Note that the "thumb print" inlays are on the top part of the fretboard as they should be on a Gretsch and that Billy is indeed right handed. If Crate didn't want the logo to be in the picture, they would have either cropped it out or masked it, not mirrored it.

I couldn't find any better pictures of the headstock but if you look at the way the logo leans to the left instead of the right (reverse italic), you'll get the idea.

untitled2.jpg

zzt074.jpg

zzt009.jpg

large_ZZTop.jpg

Nope' date=' nothing wrong with the photo. You guys know The Rev has more than a few custom guitars including a a couple of reverse/mirror Gretsch Jupiters.[/quote']

Hey, now that's Cool!

Surely that means he likes to look at himself in the mirror whilst practising just like all the rest of us do........:-#

Elixir 9-42 on everything except the 12-string and classical. <grin>

I tried the 10-46 on the acoustic - electric but too heavy for what I do the way I do it.

But then, I started with nylon. Still mostly use a classical guitar/flamenco type style even in heavier rock stuff.

Yeah, I lose some depth but... it's a lot easier for example to barre at the fifth fret, then do various counterpoint type things from a "c chord" shape.

In the olden days I even used what's called "silk and steel" strings.

Archived