Gibson Brands Forums

First Real Date with Karen

MikeRom

Yesterday was the first time I got to use Karen with the band. Everyone loved the looks and was blown away by the sound. I must say she performed exceedingly well and at the end of the night my back wasn't killing me as is what usually happens with my LP. She is a definite keeper #-o

(this being Karen)

DSC_0116-1.jpg

Aw, wow. You know that music that plays when the clouds part in a movie and the sun shines down and God talks to the protagonist? That's what just happened when I looked at that new axe. Freakin' awesome!

love the knobs closer to the pickups I use my volume one A LOT wish I could just drag mine closer, great finish , no pick guard just the way I like it and the speed knobs exactly the ones I have on mine, Hows the 24 frets working for ya? missing the two extra ones on your other sgs?

love the knobs closer to the pickups I use my volume one A LOT wish I could just drag mine closer' date=' great finish , no pick guard just the way I like it and the speed knobs exactly the ones I have on mine, Hows the 24 frets working for ya? missing the two extra ones on your other sgs?[/quote']

having 22 frets is the only thing i dont like about my guitar, ahhh 24 would be amazing

Gorgeous SG. I'm a bit new here. What model is it? And what do you call that finish?

It's an SG autumn burst, which is also the finish color although deep root beer would be more accurate.

She does put out as a matter of fact. Over and over and over ... #-o

I don't own any other SG's but the extra frets do make a difference compared to my Les paul. Playing on the upper frets is much easier with Karen.

Only thing that bugs me so far is the placement of the toggle switch. Having it between the two pots almost guarantees that it's going to be flipped while trying to do something else, which I have done. Something to get used to I suppose.

Also the volume pot is very stiff. Wonder if there is a way to loosen it up a bit?

At any rate these are minor inconviences.

Joy :-s/

Aw' date=' wow. You know that music that plays when the clouds part in a movie and the sun shines down and God talks to the protagonist? That's what just happened when I looked at that new axe. Freakin' awesome![/quote']

LOL! That's how I feel about it too #-o

Thanks for posting up those Pictures! IMHO This model is one of the Sweetest looking guitars Gibson has put out. And just think...only 350 others in the world!! Gawd I wish one were mine](*,)

Archived