Gibson Brands Forums

Descriptive Words

ZOSO1215

I've been reading a lot of guitar mags/this forum/watched videos lately and I don't think I have ever heard as a diverse group of descriptive words as I have for the sounds that we make with our guitars. I just watched a video on the new Mesa Boogie Mark V (which looks f'in awesome) and the guy playing described one of the channels as "animalistic." I heard John Mayer and others describe guitar tone as "molten glass." This list could go on ad infinitum...so let's keep it going. Post some of your favorite, or most outlandish, descriptive words...

creamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage creamycreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage creamycreamy" and "vintage" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage.

creamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage creamycreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage creamycreamy" and "vintage" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintagecreamy" and "vintage.

HAHAHAHA, Yea i guess i didn't make this clear. I think these words are ridiculous. I do NOT like these words.

HAHAHAHA' date=' Yea i guess i didn't make this clear. I think these words are ridiculous. I do NOT like these words. [/quote']

We really can't say ridiculous? What the PHUCK is up with that?

Like it or not, what Axe said...

followed by smoooooooth!

violin-like

thick

dark

warm

loose

tight

hot

sparkling

And I have yet to see a guitar that doesn't have some sort of reference to the amount of midrange in the tone. They're all apparently super midrangey. I get Taylor's "Wood & Steel" every once in a while, and some of their descriptive terms are ridassulous. "The warm, woody, dark tone of this guitar blends with its tight midrange and sparkling highs that blibbity blobbity artsy fartsy blah blah." At least in one issue they tried to describe what their terms actually meant.

I want to make a joke about something "warm and woody" combining with something that's "tight and hot" but I can't think of how to start it out, so I'm typing this.

Woman Tone. What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

If it's the sound a woman makes when she's completely satisfied' date=' I know that one.

I'm more into the....

Womerns, huh? I need to get out more. :-

If it's the sound a woman makes when she's completely satisfied' date=' I know that one.

Womerns, huh? I need to get out more. :-k [/quote']

Oh, that make sense. I'll have to roll the tone back next time.....

If it's either that or follow that cowboy singer's suggestions' date=' I'd stick with fiddlin' with the knobs. [/quote']

It depends on the Quality of the Women you're sparkin'. For the Record, I agree with you 100%.

You know Unknown Hinson is going to be on Jimi Kimel from Los Angeles coming up this month.

No Way! That's Great News, I'll be setting the cable box for AutoTune. I usually don't go in for Musical Comedians, but he's the Funniest Damn thing I've seen in a long time.

Archived