Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup advice for LP Standard

rlammjr

Need advice..want to get rid of my 490r and 498t for a set of hard classic rockers i.e. led zep, eagles, skynyrd, joe walsh, etc. what should I go with? Burstbucker pros, burstbucker 1 and 2, seymore duncans? opinions please!

thanks. :-$

How much are you willing to spend?

You can buy hand-would humbuckers for a little more than what a Gibson set would cost you. Try searching the web for SKATTERBRANE, Wolfetone, Bareknuckle, WB, & Peter Florence Voodoo pickups. There's more I'm sure but can't think of them. These pickups are highly regarded by the people that buy them. I have a pair of Wolfetones and they're incredible. Cost around $40 more than what a new set of Gibson humbuckers would have cost me.

If you want to stick with Gibson pickups, I can't say enough good things about Burstbuckers 1 & 2. Love them!!

i did not like the WB. Skatterbranes get good reviews, but there has been some controversy with the owner (and thats al i'll say).

i personally like the BB1/2 combo. they arent coming out of my Historics.

Need advice..want to get rid of my 490r and 498t for a set of hard classic rockers i.e. led zep' date=' eagles, skynyrd, joe walsh, etc. what should I go with? Burstbucker pros, burstbucker 1 and 2, seymore duncans? opinions please!

thanks. :-k [/quote']

'57 classic/'57 classic + ....would be just the ticket in a weight relieved LP and the BB1/BB2 in a chambered LP.

My .02

thanks for the help. I should have mentioned that I have a 2001 solid body LP standard.

thanks

No, you have a weight relieved LP Standard.

Anyway, your best bet if you are sticking w/Gibson pups would be either a BB 1 (neck) & BB 2 (bridge), or a 57 Classic (neck) & 57 Classic + (bridge).

rlammjr, how about posting some picks of your Les Paul? Maybe you'd even be willing to take pics of the process of replacing your pickups for those who have no clue what's involved, that is if you are doing the work yourself. It's interesting stuff.

Archived