Gibson Brands Forums

Leslie West?

Murph

I hate to say, but I remember a quote from him when Eddie Van Halen sent him a (new at the time) 5150. Guitar Player mag, I don't remember...

He dissed the amp..... And Eddie...

I wondered if they ever kissed and made up?

I'm thinking, probably not......

Murph.

Eddies not the humble' date=' lovable scamp he lets on that he is...

I could tell you a story.[/quote']

Do tell....

My point was about Leslie dissing Eddie, back then, and his amp.....

Way back.....

Do tell..........

Do tell..........

First, im sorry for railroading the thread....but.

Theres a music shop here that I used to go to here in Canada. They started an online shop where you could buy musical instruments, sheetmusic, the whole nine yards. One of the items they were selling were the "mini guitars"

You know, they are about 10" long or so... Pages doubleneck, SRV's # 1...you get the picture.

Well, he had two "Frankensteins"...Eddies old guitar. $29.99 each.

Mike ( the guy who owns the store )...told me that he came into work one afternoon and that he was told that Eddie Van Halens lawyers had called, and for him to return the call a.s.a.p!

Long story short.....They told him to pull the products off the shelf or he would be sued for copyright infringement.

Mike said they were rude and being real dicks....but, he did as he was told and took them off the web-site.

End of the story?

no no no...

The next day Eddie himself calls the store. He apparently went on a 10 minute drunkin rant about how hell shut down the f****in store, and you dont know who youre dealing with!...that kind of crap. Mike said he was slurring his words and at one point stated that he had more money in his pocket then he (Mike) will ever seen in his life!

Mike was stunned. Eddie finished his rant and slammed down the phone.

I agree with the copyright law, but the lawyers had taken care of the problem. There was no need for Eddie the half tongue lush to call in a drunkin stupor and make threats. All he did was make an *** out of himself.

i worked with leslie west about 5 or 6 years ago. he was totally gakked out of his skull and drunk on his ***. i had never seen mountain live (any version) and, after that mess, wouldn't cross the street to see leslie do anything. damn shame. maybe he's gotten better at controlling his vices but i'd be surprised. more importantly, i'll never book him again.

Archived