Gibson Brands Forums

For you guitar lovers......nice little Parlor in the house......

onewilyfool

Thanks guys (and gal).....Hoss, I presently have those silk and steel strings on it, but am looking to get some Heritage strings from Newtone (and English company) which are all metal and are supposed to be VERY good for these older more fragile, guitars which may have even been origninallly strung with gut.....That being said....It is VERY good sounding with the silk and steel, and I really enjoy the ease of play with this one...

Red....it has been refinished at least on the top, new fret board and frets, and new compensated (angled) bridge. Here is a pic of what it (one like it ) looked like BEFORE having the work done on it.....The original owner had the Hawaiian stecil removed in '69 when all the work was done...I have the original bridge, and pickguard

000166.jpg

OWF ...that is a real beaut ... I have to admit the modifications (it was kinda cool to start with) make it look like a $4000 custom, but with vintage Mojo too !!

I tell you what.... just cause I am a generous kinda guy .......I will give you $20 CASH right now !!! ;)

Great lookin parlor! I just picked up an Art and Lutherie Ami to keep at my office (UPS tracking says it will be here Thursday!).

I just started playing (bought my first guitar - a 1967 Gibson LG-1 about a month ago) and I'm trying to get all the practice time in I could and didn't want to risk banging up my Gibson by hauling it back and forth to work everyday...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that sweet little parlor set you back?

congrats on a great find!

TWilson....you know.....I love those slotheads myself.....something about the look....something about that look.....By the way.....new info just in.....from another forum, this guitar may actually be Koa wood.....hence the hawaiian motif on the front....I will take it to the local guitar guru and see what he thinks.....

Archived