Gibson Brands Forums

Jocko: on Memphis

Hall

Jocko,

I did'nt get to see your response to my question before the crash. As before, no problem and no need to search should you not have info on hand. Does the Memphis Plant have a separate Custom Shop within, or is the entire plant called,Custom? Thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we already knew this. but the fact remains that production ES guitars are made in Memphis. All Historics, signatures and one-offs are made in the Nashville custom shop.

i believe that this same factory used to be call Gibson Memphis. Same guitars. Only the name has changed. Excellent strategy on Henry's part.

I visited the Memphis plant about 8 months ago. This is what I recall them making there:

All semi-hollow bodied guitars.

All of the (olympic?) white finished guitars

That is all I remember, but I'm sure there's something else I am forgetting.

BTW, if you go to Memphis, you have to eat at GUS' FRIED CHICKEN. It is by far the best fried chicken ever!

Yup' date=' excellent marketing campaign.

Make the buyer think he's getting something he's really not.[/quote']

And then write it on the guitar.

And include a C.O.A.

And a "Custom" case.

Brilliant, I'd say......

#-o

Only a Moron could argue with that.....

I don't know the entire argument that surrounds the ES Series' date=' but I do know this. Murphy's guitar is a Custom Guitar and from the Custom Shop. Thats what was asked of me in that thread. Iam removing myself from the rest of the argument. I asked specifically about Murphy's guitar.[/quote']

It's pretty simple. If Gibson say's it's a "Custom Shop" guitar, it is. They can have as many "Custom Shops" as they want. I have a Fender Prosonic combo amp with 10" Celestions that say Fender Custom Shop" on them, and people would argue Fender didn't have a Custom amp shop back in the mid '90's. But it says so on them, so it IS so.

"Cork Sniffers" can argue there is only one "Custom Shop", but they can't argue with Gibson. They can't argue with a freakin' "Custom Shop" logo on the guitar without looking like a moron.

Gibson might be opening a new Custom Shop in Largo, Fla. next week. Cork sniffers can't stop them.....

Sheeze....................

Murph, think of it this way.

Say there's a Ford assembly line in Detroit, Michigan. If you one day remove the Ford emblem from the front of the building and from every car made, then replace it with a Lincoln logo - are the cars still Ford or are they Lincoln now? I think you'll agree they're still Ford. Get it?

Murph' date=' think of it this way.

Say there's a Ford assembly line in Detroit, Michigan. If you one day remove the Ford emblem from the front of the building and from every car made, then replace it with a Lincoln logo - are the cars still Ford or are they Lincoln now? I think you'll agree they're still Ford. Get it?[/quote']

Are you getting in Heritage guitars?

#-o/

I don't understand why you think it's cork sniffing. It's marketing' date=' plain & simple. Gibson pulling a fast one over everybody.[/quote']

he calls it cork-sniffing, but forgets that i own one of these effing things! lol

more like envy to me.

"Cork Sniffers" can argue there is only one "Custom Shop"' date=' but they can't argue with Gibson.

[/quote']

Does it really matter what the "Cork Sniffers" argue or say. You have a Custom Shop guitar that you love and enjoy and that's all that really matters. Who the hell cares what others may think or believe.

he calls it cork-sniffing' date=' but forgets that i own one of these effing things! lol

more like envy to me.

[/quote']

Look FennRx, I don't like Les Pauls, so there's no envy. But I don't understand why you and Tim want to beat this dead horse.

Look FennRx' date=' I don't like Les Pauls, so there's no envy. But I don't understand why you and Tim want to beat this dead horse.

[/quote']

i'm talking about the es-339, genius!!! I CANT BE CORK SNIFFING IF I OWN ONE. I OWN AN ES-339!!!

because my problem with this forum is too much misinformation is passed around here. try having this argument on the LPF and see what happens.

MORE3002.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Inside Guy over at MLP confirmed the managerial thing and that the physical Custom Shop is in Nashville.

Inside guy?

Wow......

I guess that "Custom Shop" logo (on the actual guitar) and C.O.A. can't argue with that.

I feel so, used...........

Archived