Gibson Brands Forums

The Blueshawk

Cruznolfart

Here's another model that's caught my eye; a '96 Blueshawk. Anyone have any playing time on these? I love the semi's, and the size of the Blueshawk is much smaller than the ES's. Add the Blues 90 PU's and the vari-tone circuit and you've got yerself a *****in' little axe. And check the price! Does it turn your head or what?

gibson%20blueshawkDSCN9765.jpg

I can tell you about the Feel, as the Nighthawk is the same Bodystyle and Neck set up (minus the F holes). It plays like a dream. The semi Hallow with p-90's sounds just like you'd expect. Thick and Smooth.

As far as looks, it takes a little getting used to. When I first got my Nighthawk I didn't like how small it looked. After a couple weeks I got used to it.

There's nothing cooler than having a Rare Bird with Gibson Tone and a Great Player to boot. Definitely a conversation starter and a Show stopper.

On a side note, they made a BB King inspired Blues Hawk for a while, called the "Little Lucille".

DSC06175.JPG

I can tell you about the Feel' date=' as the Nighthawk is the same Bodystyle and Neck set up (minus the F holes). It plays like a dream. The semi Hallow with p-90's sounds just like you'd expect. Thick and Smooth.

As far as looks, it takes a little getting used to. When I first got my Nighthawk I didn't like how small it looked. After a couple weeks I got used to it.

There's nothing cooler than having a Rare Bird with Gibson Tone and a Great Player to boot. Definitely a conversation starter and a Show stopper.

On a side note, they made a BB King inspired Blues Hawk for a while, called the "Little Lucille".

[img']http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bdWBq-i66fg/SmI7Dgz83NI/AAAAAAAAGRM/BjbqpMBPOK4/s400/DSC06175.JPG[/img]

Excellent stuff, FM, thanks for the comments. And I agree, the odd bird is most appealing to me.

Sorry to hear that' date=' Bob. Sorta the same situation here but more due to season than economy...I hope.

[/quote']

Our season is coming soon, and starting in October things pick up (peaking in December, February and March).

But it hasn't been the same since the economy tanked. I'm making enough to keep afloat, but I've had to tighten my belt. I'm thankful because there are a lot of people who are sinking.

I love light guitars, I love P90 pickups, and I put P90s and a Varitone on a cheap LTD guitar I modded but I would love a BluesHawk in any color but black (red or blue preferred).

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived