Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Antique Club

LPguitarman

You ain't kidding.

I saw one for sale locally over two years ago and it was love at first sight. I didn't have the money to buy then and I've been looking for one ever since. I located this one at Willcutt back in April, saved a bit and bam...

• 6 months later...

Crap. I just now kinda figured I posted in the wrong thread. I am new to the Les Paul world. I will delete my post. Which one should I post in? Thanks and again, sorry.

No need to delete your post. You can post it in the Les Paul Classic thread. There is a "sticky thread" at the top of this forum for all of the Les Paul clubs. You can find it in there.

Sign me up to the club - I have a GOW Les Paul Classic Antique with the Tom Morgan finish and it is simply an amazing guitar...

Love it. I remember that one in the GOW run. I wish Gibson would do something like the GOW or GOTM again. I remember anticipating every week to see the new guitar coming out. I knew how to look at the whole list, but I wanted to be surprised every week. When I saw GOW #2, I just had to have it. I guess you could say it gave me the biggest GAS pains I have ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're almost starting over, thought I'd start a new thread. Show us your Classic Antiques.

Here's mine...

LPC_EmailLPCAFINH-JPGSLPCAFINH_04.jpg

LPC_EmailLPCAFINH-JPGSLPCAFINH_05.jpg

LPC_EmailLPCAFINH-JPGSLPCAFINH_01.jpg

Added Pick Guard and changed to Speed Knobs

MyGear008.jpg

Hey, somebody's selling your guitar! Check out this ad:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-instruments-de-musique-guitares-Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-Fireburst-veut-vendre-rapidement-W0QQAdIdZ358835063

I knew I had seen those pics somewhere...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to necro this thread but it was one of the few places I could find that actually talked about the first Gibson I just bought recently, a 2008 classic antique! This is my first Gibson, having recently started playing, and I kind of lucked into it at my local vintage music store in Brooklyn (Southside Guitars). I loved the feel of it and the flamed top, and everything about it just seemed a perfect fit for me, including the thinned 60s profile neck, the beautiful binding all around it and the weight was under 8 pounds! I picked it up for $1750 and have been thrilled with it. Just sent it into the shop to install some Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers and can't wait to get it back, ready to rock. Thanks for all your knowledge, anyone know how many of these were made? They seem to be almost rare...

Pics:

4bEMiEw.jpg

swUifN8.jpg

DJCQO9n.jpg

XqXZaca.jpg

• 5 months later...

And here she is with SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers installed. They sound really nice and slightly compressed to really make the treble strings pop a bit more.

CB5vhFx.jpg

Nice, with the new Pick-ups. Hope it didn't take all of that time since August, 2015 to get it back from the shop. [flapper]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I am looking at this Les Paul Classic Antique, Mahogany, 2007 Faded Cherry. Does anyone know if it was a Guitar of the Week issue? It is stunning by the way, and 7lb 3.2oz!

Model # LPCMFCNH1

Serial # 019070###

I appreciate any input at all. Thanks

IMG_3506.jpg

Edited by sailmonkey
looking to hit the "notify me" button

It was a very short run model, I asked Gibson about the model back in 2010 when I got mine. They said

"This model came with ’57 Classic/’57 Classic Plus pickups(not the 496R/500T Ceramics as on the standard Les Paul Classic model).  Here is a link with more information on the model, http://www.gibson.com/jp-jp/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitars/LesPaul/Classics/Les%20Paul%20Classic%20Antique/ ."

Sadly the link they provided now just takes you to a general Les Paul page, but if my memory serves me correctly (not always guaranteed) the page was in Japanese, but I can't remember if it was a guitar of the week. There are a few video's on You Tube about them, there's one from Rob Chapman (it sounds like Gibson gave him one) but they don't tell you much.

Great guitar's I'd never sell mine.