Gibson Brands Forums

GAS... the NEED or the WANT

thejay

The ONLY thing keeping me from owning more guitars than I do is the discipline of cash.

I never use credit for toys.

Same here. Plus I like to keep a decent cash buffer for those "oh ****, I can't believe it..." moments that are bound to happen if I drained the account.

I have it bad. But I have done my dash for a while. I have just renovated my music room and I can only fit another guitar in if it does not have a hard case. I guess that means a Gibson Jr or Special. he he. I hate clutter and tripping over crap on the floor, including guitar cases. It takes the enjoyment out of the music room. In any case, I am saving for a new PC to record with. I am with Neo on the cash approach.

I lol a little when I hear young people say that they will never do something...or always do something...thanks for making me giggle.:-k :-

Yea me too.....The world has a whole new perspective to it once your away from the nest. ](*,)

That credit card that people will " never have" might look nicer than selling off some of your gear to take care of your family when an unexpected emergency presents itself!

I'm like everyone else though, I get gear with cash not on credit. It is nice to have a credit card for emergencys though

I'm pretty happy, guitar wise right now. I'm bulletproof in music stores... my LP and mahogany Strat have fairly well covered what I was looking for. I guess, with the ToneLab, now I'm looking at amps.

For me, once I found the tone I was looking for, I don't feel the pull like I used to.

Retail Therapy cures GAS. /chuckle

I never buy any big ticket item using cash. We have one credit card, it pays us 1%-5% back on every purchase, and we pay off the balance every month, meaning we never pay interest. Yep... that's right folks, they are paying us to use their card. They call us "dead beats". The reason we use our CC is the protection it gives us. They have the ability to pull the money back if you are ever screwed... and we have been. It was nice to simply contact the cc company and tell them we were contesting the sale and have them handle it from there.

GAS is inherent to my life, I can tell you that...that doesn't mean I haven't got control over my money spending. Two credit cards in my pocket don't make my life easier, I only spend money to a guitar if I really can afford the loss of money...my family comes first & I pay always cash... but GAS is fun, it makes your heart beat faster, you can feel the butterflies in your belly...GAS is so much fun!

Archived