Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Fire-burst and a pick gaurd

marcbc

Hey Guys,

I have a Les Paul Studio that ive had for 4 or 5 years i love it its my only gibson and im sure it will stay my only gibson for a while since im a broke college kid, anyway i saw some photos on the net with a les paul studio in fireburst with cream pu rings and toggle switch and ring (just like mine) and it had a pick gaurd hmmm what do you guys think of that? i thought it looked pretty nice but i cant decide i need a few suggestions. and is installing a pickgaurd a huge process or could me and my old man figure it out?

You don't NEED a pickguard on a Les Paul.

However, installing one is no big deal on a Studio, no binding to contend with.

Best bet is to find somebody with one on their LP and use it as a template to locate the screw holes.

Drill small pilot holes deeper than the screw length and then run the (stainless, of course) screws in.

Done deal.

I have to say the lines between children and college kids is getting blurred in forum posts.

No doubt due to the the texting revolution, eh?

No capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure or paragraphs makes for a hieroglyphic experience.

Just sayin'....

=D>/

I have to say the lines between children and college kids is getting blurred in forum posts.

No doubt due to the the texting revolution' date=' eh?

No capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure or paragraphs makes for a hieroglyphic experience.

Just sayin'....

O:)/ [/quote']

Dude! WTH!!! IDK what you mean, MMK? OATUS IMNSHO IRL IANAL, IYKWIM. Anyhoo whoa! HOAS, I have HW to do! for tomorrow! LOL ROTFLUTS!!!! CYO, SC..

Hows that for hieroglyphic?

You don't NEED a pickguard on a Les Paul.

However' date=' installing one is no big deal on a Studio, no binding to contend with.

Best bet is to find somebody with one on their LP and use it as a template to locate the screw holes.

Drill small pilot holes deeper than the screw length and then run the (stainless, of course) screws in.

Done deal.

No doubt due to the the texting revolution, eh?

Just sayin'....

=D>/ [/quote']

+1

That's going to be our future.

Archived