Gibson Brands Forums

The "Thundergod's rig for tonight" thread

Thundergod

I have a gig tonight and Im taking the supersonic with a 4x12 cab, thing I almost never do as I dont like to lug around so much stuff (specially since I dont like to leave stuff there, I always take my stuff with me when I leave). I'll use the amp's distortion/overdrive and a couple of pedals:

Guitar->

Morley bad horsie 2 wah->

TC electronic distortion/booster->

Marshall Regenerator (I hardly ever use modulation so that pedal comes in handy, I can chose between 6 types of modulation and I'll only use the vintage chorus setting for 2 songs at the begining of the show and the flanger for the end song)->

Fender Supersonic->

BOSS DD20GigaDelay (amps fx loop)->

OAG 4x12 cabinet, which sadly doesnt have the same finish as the head, loaded with 4 screaming eagles from eminence (it's a hard rock/heavy metal band hence the choice of speakers).

I am not part of the band, I play lead for them when they have shows as they have 1 guitar player who also sings a little and most of their recorded songs have 2 guitars or more. There will be a complete light set and great PA, they hope to have 300 people in there, I think it will be more like 100, 150 tops :D but I asked for a couple of things anyway, one of which is to have thunder/lighting in the back screen, with white lights going on and off and fog everywhere for the begining of a solo that starts really slow and dark, and they agreed! #-o (the other stuff I asked for, has to do with food and drinks :-#)

By the way...

...and I know this will probably piss some guys off...

I ain't taking any gibson guitars with me tonight... it's a superstrat night!:-

I wish I had an explorer :'(

What about the Gibson Hendrix Strat? =P~

Just a joke' date=' guys. Don't pick on me.[/size']

I ain't taking any gibson guitars with me tonight... it's a superstrat night!

You'll get no argument from me.

Lotsa good rock made on basic unmodified Strats, let alone hot rodded stuff with humbuckers.

Knock 'em dead TG!

How did the gig go Thundergod?

Hey Cali-man thanks for asking, the show was reat, the guys delivered: almost 300 people in there, lots of black t-shirts and some already knew a couple of the songs:d/

The show was great, a new band oppened with 4 songs that were good, but that band needs to work on their sound a lot, and with 3 guitar players that don't know their place there was lead all over the place :D, all of them were compiting against each other which was kind of sad, all of them played great but not knowing their place costed the band a lot.

Now me, for the first time in years I was a little nervous,dont know why, maybe because it's the first time in years I play live with a metal band... sound testing went ok earlier and I knew the songs (all of them were recorded in my studio and I helped with some guitar parts). The sound was amazing, the lights worked as desired, the back screen was a little hard to see clearly because of the artificial fog. The guys played really well, I ****ed up a couple of solos but no one seemed to notice, the other guitar player even told me he liked what I did for one of them (he thought I was improvising, lucky me :-k).

Thundergodess took 4 small videos but you cannot even hear the drums, you can only hear people screaming which is a good thing all things considered. Ill see if there's a solo in any of them so I can post it.

Archived