Gibson Brands Forums

Zakk Wylde BFG... what's next?

Thundergod

hmmm... I think I posted in the wrong place...whatevas I just had to re-register

if buckethead sigs are still for sale in two years or so I will probably have one' date=' lol[/quote']

Yay Buckethead sig!

Sorry to get off topic. Now what were we talking about? Oh yeah, it was a joke that the sig is a strat replica.

Seymore Duncan has it over EMG any day. EMG have no character whatsoever' date=' which is only good if you run a lot of effects or digital modeling.[/quote']

This and Demon's EMG hated posts has made me want to post some sound clips of them. They ooze character and sound really nice clean too.

The clarity is awesome. Here is me jamming a couple of x mas' back with my v on clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdtuq5X8vU8&feature=channel_page

Matt

This and Demon's EMG hated posts has made me want to post some sound clips of them. They ooze character and sound really nice clean too.

The clarity is awesome. Here is me jamming a couple of x mas' back with my v on clean

EMGs will make any guitar sound like it is being played through a computer, they completely overpower the wood of the guitar, don't respond to the volume controls, pick attack etc

they also look gay as hell

yes i was under the impression that bfg stood barely finished guitar, which i was thrown off my the bfg studio that came out a while back, as well as the pick up combo of the humbucker in the bridge and the p90 in the neck was just popularized by gary moore and not by the bfg name, i believe but thats just the impression i was under, i dont know i could be wrong. im guessing that they are calling them bfgs cause they unfinished condition, which is unfortunate (in my personal opinion) cause i think the wylde graphics are horrible thats just me!

EMGs will make any guitar sound like it is being played through a computer' date=' they completely overpower the wood of the guitar, don't respond to the volume controls, pick attack etc

[/quote']

bollocks :)

I thought the BFG was a bare guitar' date=' it appears from the picture thats a redesign of the BFG concept.[/quote']

Looks to me like they should have called those the RAW POWER ZAKK WYLDE guitar instead of BFG...

Maybe someone at gibson just made a mistake?

EMGs will make any guitar sound like it is being played through a computer' date=' they completely overpower the wood of the guitar, don't respond to the volume controls, pick attack etc

[/quote']

They ARE very responsive to volume changes, in fact they are more responsive to volume changes than any other pickup I have.

But they do look kind of gay :)

+1 Thundergod.

I couldn't believe of all my guitars, the Flying V with the EMG's sounded the most responsive; and especially on clean!

I can get anything from the conked out early Sabbath 70's tone, to a rounded bluesy tone to a full our Randy Rhoads distortion. Do you find artificial harmonics are just so easy to produce on them too?

Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdtuq5X8vU8&feature=channel_page

Matt

Your V sounds like a Strat. What model EMGs does it have?

Your V sounds like a Strat. What model EMGs does it have?

They are an 81 and 85 set.

They can sound anything from that shattering glass strat sound to warm and jazzy to all out chunky-nes LOL

I am going either do a guess the pick ups clip soon where there will be sound clips of the same piece and you have to guess which is which or a EMG demo.

Matt

Archived