Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les Paul Custom made by italian hand

NOVAGOD

...I doubt it was hand made at all, if the guys is saying that to you then ask him about the serial number and "made in usa" thing.

It looks like a normal chinese fake, and in my opinion the guy selling it is trying to rip you off by saying it was handmade and all... not anyone can build a guitar, let alone a decent one, the ones that can and do, will charge you a lot and most of the time, part of that price will include their name on the headstock, not "gibson" and handmade in italy on the back and not "90xx55xxx" and "made in usa".

Just my opinion.

I think this may be a fake. A few things look out of place' date=' which I am not going to mention. Please wait for a reply from some of the more experienced guys like Are Nine and AXE to see if they concur. I may be wrong.[/quote']

No thundergod? ...too bad, he is kind of an expert when it comes to outing fakes :D

You are right, lots of wrong things on that guitar, from TRC and the lack of nibs, to the logo, split diamond and SN, to all hardware (switch included is epi like), and the tuners have not been installed correctly. Knob position is a little off, and the fretboard is not the correct type of wood.

All in all, all the stuff that's usually wrong on a $200 chinese fake (which includes that weird case with Gibson not painted but relieved), and that's without even taking a look at the backplates!

As I said on my previous post, somehow I doubt it is a giutar built by hand by a luthier in italy.

And the pickup height screws from the hardware store are completely wrong, so the pickups might be fakes, too.

Besides, I don't understand what the "made by Italian hand" meant in the original post. If you're trying to find out what a replica is worth, nobody on this forum is going to help you out. What you need to do is take it to the nearest US Customs office and they'll be very very helpful to you...

And the pickup height screws from the hardware store are completely wrong' date=' so the pickups might be fakes, too.

Besides, I don't understand what the "made by Italian hand" meant in the original post. If you're trying to find out what a replica is worth, nobody on this forum is going to help you out. What you need to do is take it to the nearest US Customs office and they'll be very very helpful to you...[/quote']

Taking it to US Customs is great advise, they are very helpful in finding a buyer. I have heard that a lot of the agents will purchase these guitars on the spot, often top dollar too.

Archived