Gibson Brands Forums

Attn! Teens!!!

AXE®

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I was trying to say is if you work hard and play smart the younger players can go somewhere with their music.

AXE®--- Well Said... It's true for anything (sports, school, music, art, younameit). Work hard, be "smart" learn as much as you can, enjoy what you do, and see where it takes you.. If not to #1 on the hit parade or 1st draft choice of your favorite team or scholarship to Julliard/MIT/Yale/Whatsamatta U/... You can have the satisfaction of knowing you "busted your a$$"..

From a parent's standpoint that and stay away from people/$hit that'll destroy you.... is pretty much all you can ask for.

I think that the teens ought to stay off the forum' date=' get off the internet, do your homework and play you guitars until your fingers bleed...You're not going to advance your position in life by hanging out in a forum....That's all I have to say about that.[/quote']

I strongly disagree with this. I'm a teenager and using the internet to find out about guitar playing has helped me immensely. You can hear all sorts of styles and pull inspiration from all over, it's awesome. I'm better than most people I know who have been playing as long as me (1 1/2 years) because whenever I browse the web mostly I'm looking up guitar stuff that makes me a better player and helps me get where I want to go faster.

The internet is a great thing for musicians, and being able to interface with other players from all over who all have different styles and integrate the information you get from them into your own playing is never a bad thing,

Archived