Gibson Brands Forums

GSP's digitech, boss, vox

Blackie

I'm looking into another multi-effects unit in the $200 range and for that there are these

Digitech RP355.......Boss ME-20.......Vox ToneLab ST

I have used a lot of other digitech models and kind of think they are not built that well.

Any thoughts or exp with these.

I'm looking into another multi-effects unit in the $200 range and for that there are these

Digitech RP355.......Boss ME-20.......Vox ToneLab ST

I have used a lot of other digitech models and kind of think they are not built that well.

Any thoughts or exp with these.

I dunno about the new ones, but I had an old RP1 I had to sell off last year that coupled with my Zoom 505II, made some pretty kool noises. If you go to my soundclick page below, and scare up "Freeflight", that one was made using both effects, but the delay, and an overdrive on the Digitech were the biggest part of the sound. I miss it.

I own an RP355. It's built well but there are some limits. Only 20 seconds of looping and no drums during looping for one thing. I still love it! There's many effects and possible sound combinations. I think it has 70 factory presets and 70 customizable presets. It has all the effects I want: wah, whammy, chorus, flange, delay and some interesting ones like a harmonizer. Many possibilities.

• 1 month later...

I think I am gonna go with the Boss ME-70, it's layout has a lot of actual knobs on it which from my experience would be

better than having to scroll a lot of menu's. I also think Boss being a division of Roland has a good reputation and proven record

when it comes to effects. Anyone have exp with the ME-70 ?

Archived