Gibson Brands Forums

Whaddaya think?

scottierocker

Hey gents, I have a design idea here for Gibson to build a new style semi-hollowbody guitar.

It may be a little different, but it has grown on me more an more. I think it's rather attractive.

I needed a control group to decide if it was worth even hassling over, so I though to myself, "who better than Gibson fans on a Gibson forum?"

Check it out, leave comments and vote. Don't be shy. I'm not interested in modifying the design, because I'm sold on it, but other suggestions would be considered. Mostly though, I just want to see how well received it would be.

Take a minute to really look at it.

Please be forgiving of the sub-par images.

Thanks. (If images don't show below, hit refresh)

GibsonBlueprintSTX.jpg

GibsonMockupSTX2.jpg

yea' date=' you're alone on that one, for now....

Its butt ugly![/quote']

haha, yeah, I knew I'd get some of that!!

.....interesting design' date=' maybe like the explorer and V it'll catch on![/quote']

Maybe! It's a little less 'loud' than either of those, but it's definitely different. Do me a favor, look at it tomorrow for a minute and see if it sits better!

Thanks,

Scott

As a solid body' date=' it would be kinda cool. As a hollow body my answer is no. The rear bout coming to a sharp point would choke any bass affect. IMHO

Thanks for sharing your ideas and your faith in our opinions.[/quote']

I thought about solid body, but I'm afraid it's too big to be a solid body. It'd weigh 40 pounds!!

As for the rear bout being dampening, the mahogany is a naturally "bassy' wood as is. As it sits, this might bring out some of the highs.

Possibility?

Thanks man.

Actually' date=' I didn't get influence from the tear drop as much as I did from other Gibsons. It's kind of an amalgam of the good qualities of my favorite guitars, so to speak.

[/quote']

Oh well the orginal tear drop guitar is noted to one of the best sounding hollow guitars...for the tear in the body.

01-09_full.jpg

Interesting, somewhat ergonomic if the body was treated accordingly for the strumming. I really like that original teardrop pictured. Seems to be a collector guitar more than a player though.

This could take off to another post of unique guitars but I am sure that has been done a few times already. Search button here we come.

Archived