Gibson Brands Forums

Real or Fake Gibson super 400???

Mark Lee

Fake or not (it is a fake)' date=' have you ever tried to play an 18" archtop?[/quote']

"(it is a fake)" haha no **** Sherlock. Why the question? have you got something against big guitars? That's quite possibly the stupidest question I've heard from you yet. I've stated it several times before, and for your sake I'll state it again. I OWN a Super 400 and a 1940 Epiphone Emperor.

Hey lighten up a little, Mark. You started this thread asking if those guitars were real. Then when people tried to clue you in, then you morphed into a big know it all and now you're lecturing the same people you were asking for help.

The guitar is not real. O.K.? So I believe we are now all beyond that issue. O.K.?

If you have any other questions to ask, I'm sure someone will try to help.

We don't need all the asterisks and the Sherlock stuff. Were all stocked up on asterisks and Sherlock comments.

I started this thread, knowing that the guitar was fake, but not knowing for certain that the pictures were fake. Early on I suspected that they (the pictures) were fake (pickguard, tailpiece, pickup selector are the biggest giveaways). Just wanted an opinnion on the guitar's quality etc. I suspect that it made in the terada factory; they are the only Asian guitar factory that has produced 18 inch guitars in recent years (namely the D'Angelico NYL-4)

I started this thread' date=' knowing that the guitar was fake, but not knowing for certain that the pictures were fake. Early on I suspected that they (the pictures) were fake (pickguard, tailpiece, pickup selector are the biggest giveaways). Just wanted an opinnion on the guitar's quality etc. I suspect that it made in the terada factory; they are the only Asian guitar factory that has produced 18 inch guitars in recent years (namely the D'Angelico NYL-4)[/quote']

Mark,

Play nice!

Jazz

:-

I suspect that it made in the terada factory;

Probably by magic elves' date=' too.

Terada is a legitimate manufacturer of high-quality guitars. Besides having at one time built D'Angelicos and D'Aquistos for Fender, and Epiphone's Elitist hollow and semi hollow line, they also build for Gretsch. They are located in Japan. The guitar in question: "All the guitar are fabricat in our China factory, and all the guitar accessories, pickups, etc., are import from Korea."

A similar guitar (actually) made by Terada would [i']easily[/i] retail for four or five times the price that fake is offered for. Do you really think Terada could even afford to build guitars that could shipped all the way to China, and then sold profitably fo a song?

Please don't waste your money, and PLEASE don't sully the reputation of one of the finest production guitar manufacturers in existence today.

Red 333

Uh, I know this topic is a bit older, but I think that Silas guy is a spammer, I don't think you're going to get any info out of him. I mean his only two posts are on this thread and the second one links to a general UK used guitar online shop. Just saying.

Hey lighten up a little' date=' Mark.[/quote']

Wait a minute....

YOU?

Telling people to lighten up?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Okay, sorry...

[cool]

... morphed into a big know it all ...

I'm sorry - who were we talking about?

[crying] ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Probably by magic elves' date=' too.

Terada is a legitimate manufacturer of high-quality guitars. Besides having at one time built D'Angelicos and D'Aquistos for Fender, and Epiphone's Elitist hollow and semi hollow line, they also build for Gretsch. They are located in Japan. The guitar in question: "All the guitar are fabricat in our China factory, and all the guitar accessories, pickups, etc., are import from Korea."

A similar guitar (actually) made by Terada would [i']easily[/i] retail for four or five times the price that fake is offered for. Do you really think Terada could even afford to build guitars that could shipped all the way to China, and then sold profitably fo a song?

Please don't waste your money, and PLEASE don't sully the reputation of one of the finest production guitar manufacturers in existence today.

Red 333

I probably won't be buying it now; I've taken my Gibson Super 400 on some pub gigs now and it's made it back in one piece. My hypothesis was based on the fact that they are the only oriental manufacturers who have at one point made 18 inch wide guitars, namely, the D'Angelico NYL-2. Who know's? they could be made after hours. It would be interesting to find out where they are actually produced. I'll shoot myself in the food if it's the Epiphone factory in China.

this is from that link..

"We have a lot of guitars in every imaginable brand, All the guitar are fabricat in our China factory, and all the guitar accessories, pickups, etc., are import from Korea.

We always guarantee that all the guitar we offer have the same sound and same quality the same – type – guitars you buy in your local musical instrument store, because customer satisfaction is always our number one priority.Most of our guitars are made of mahogany. There are also some guitar are made of maple."

They manufacture copies

Not even a Stromberg Master 400 or D'Angelico New Yorker? I think I'm on the safe side anyway. Epiphone producing guitars with the Gibson geadstock and logo would defeat the purpose of heaving the Epiphone brand name.

• 11 months later...

Archived