Gibson Brands Forums

All Hail SLASH!!!!

slashadler

Bluemoon' date=' was that you takin' a stab at me for calling Prince underrated?

What the hell did I ever do to you, man? [crying

I have no idea what you are talking about. I actually like Prince a lot. I couldn't tell you if he is a great guitar player, though I think he is an amazing musician and song writer.

I was having some fun with the OP...but, now that I know that you too are a lover of the Prince...well...[blink][flapper]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea what you are talking about. I actually like Prince a lot. I couldn't tell you if he is a great guitar player' date=' though I think he is an amazing musician and song writer.

I was having some fun with the OP...but, now that you too are a lover of the Prince...well...[blink[flapper]

Oh...sorry about that. It was in reference to that underrated guitarists thread, and I mentioned Prince early on, and then someone busted my chops for it later on. Sorry to bring it up and confuse ye.

Anyway, Prince is good, but he's no Lenny Kravitz...

album-prince-lovesexy.jpg

lenny_kravitz_baptism.jpg

Ha! [crying]

Dude why would you post necked men on here? Whats wrong with you? Delete those now and replace them with Princes back up girls.

I don't think you want me to. Prince's back-up girls were hand-selected by Prince to be the two women in the world who look the most like Prince.

610x.jpg

..............................................Sorry about that..................

Oh...sorry about that. It was in reference to that underrated guitarists thread' date=' and I mentioned Prince early on, and then someone busted my chops for it later on. Sorry to bring it up and confuse ye. [/quote']

It was probably Axe who busted your chops. He can't stand anyone other than Jimmy. He still has a Jimmy Page poster over his bed...and he's like 55.

Dude' date=' I'm probably still going to have a Jimmy Page poster over my bed when I'm like 55...

Much love to ya, AXE-y![/quote']

Trust me, you don't want a Jimmy Page over your bed when you are 55...unless you never plan on getting laid. Ask Axe. He hasn't had any since 1976.

I don't think you want me to. Prince's back-up girls were hand-selected by Prince to be the two women in the world who look the most like Prince.

..............................................Sorry about that..................

I think Shiela E used to play/sing back up and a couple of others. Or at least post a pic of his carazy geetarrr

Slash is one of the best players, he's got attitude, looks, and can play stuff that's not boring (even if he's basically playing the same). He's also an icon and known by more than one generation.

Just becasue he didn't become famous back in the 60s and 70s it doesn't mean he is not one of the greatest, he might very well be.

He can write some really good stuff, from slow and soft to fast, hard and heavy. The guy is one of the few players that can deliver for most styles and can just blend in when he is invited to play with anyone (and he's played with most of them in lots of different styles).

I too started playing electric thanks to him and for that I will be forever in debt to the man.

And I know this will piss some guys off, but it pisses me off to see some guys I respect are only willing to give "great guitarist" status to players they listened back in the day.

Archived