Gibson Brands Forums

les paul or strat???

Deathkitten00

Hello my names jacob and ive been wondering about a question for a while. I play in a worship band and my playing style is both heavy like third day but during my slow songs i use clean and delay what should i buy a fender deluxe roadhouse or Epiphone les paul custom with all gibson electronics, tuners,etc.

With the info you give I would go for a Stratocaster with the right pickup configuration, HSS would be very versatile.

Some Stratocasters have a push-pull that allow to split the bridge humbucker and make it a single so you get the best of both worlds.

An Epiphone with upgrades will cost you more money and in the end it is an Epiphone with upgrades.

With the info you give I would go for a Stratocaster with the right pickup configuration' date=' HSS would be very versatile.

Some Stratocasters have a push-pull that allow to split the bridge humbucker and make it a single so you get the best of both worlds.

An Epiphone with upgrades will cost you more money and in the end it is an Epiphone with upgrades.[/quote']

My sentiments exactly....

You need the articulate cleans for arpeggiated stuff and light strumming.

Even a regular Strat with 3 single coils will give you all the growl you need, especially with any sort of pedal.

H/S/S Strat would be ideal.

Archived