Gibson Brands Forums

Long Shot - Anyone familiar with Paris?

albertjohn

I saw some Django Reinhart-style jazz at an itty bitty underground (literally, subterranean) jazz club in the Latin Quarter... naturally the name of the joint escapes me. I spent a lot of time at Havana Cafe, which is a killer Cuban club with fantastic music and dancing, as well as the best damn mojitos you'll ever have. Pick up a Lonely Planet Guide to read on the plane, you'll have a great time.

I fear Paris would be so different today than in '75 that any suggestion I might make would be terribly outdated. Even the Louvre lacked its pyramid at that time.

A traveling man might find a guide, however...

m

France is a wonderful country and we've been on holiday there many times and I hope to return many more times.

Never been to Paris but given the choice, I'd like to go to Texas.

(Paris is now approx 2.5 hrs on the train from London. It takes longer than that to get across London these days.)

A 'must see' for sure is the graveyard perelachaise, where you can visit the thombs of Jim Morrison, Oscal Wilde, Edith Piaf, Maria Callas , Frederic Chopin, and many more celebrities, like Molière, La Fontaine, Honoré de Balzac and impressionist painter Camille Pissarro, etc...

I've been there once and a glimpse of the graveyards itself is already pretty impressive

http://www.pere-lachaise.com/

...and don't forget to visit Mont Martre, the artists quarter.

Archived