Gibson Brands Forums

Just don't understand

djroge1

If you look closely' date=' those threads were about to explode... mods are being proactive and taking care of them before that happens... 'cause if that happens then they'll have no choice but to ban some members.

I've seen at least 4 threads started by the same guy whining about basically the same stuff ("johnas brothers suck" guy).

There are different kinds of people, some of them start a thread to gather information and get to know what the rest of us think... some of them start them to piss people off, some of them just want everyone to talk about what just crossed their mind.

With #1 and 2 you can just ignore them and they will get the message.

If you ignore #3 he will post the same over and over again til everyone is fighting over some irrelevant detail.

+1 to the mods not allowing lines to be crossed.[/quote']

We don't like locking threads...... And despite some of the questionable thread topics that have been presented here in the lounge as of late, nobody is in danger of losing their memberships at this time..... I'd rather see the these type of threads in the lounge than in the Les Paul, SG or Introduction forums...:-k ..LOL!!!

If anyone has an issue with a locked thread you can contact me or KSD[cool]

With #1 and 2 you can just ignore them and they will get the message.

If you ignore #3 he will post the same over and over again til everyone is fighting over some irrelevant detail.

+1 to the mods not allowing lines to be crossed.

I'm not following your math.

But then again, I'm a social scientist.

Sorry guys... sometimes I forget some stuff doesn't mean the same after translationl...

What I meant was

There are different kinds of people:

(group number 1)some of them start a thread to gather information and get to know what the rest of us think.

(group number 2)some of them start them to piss people off

(group number 3)some of them just want everyone to talk about what just crossed their mind.

With (people of the ) #1 and #2 (groups) you can just ignore them and they will get the message.

If you ignore (people belonging to group)#3 he will post the same over and over again til everyone is fighting over some irrelevant detail.

+1 to the mods not allowing lines to be crossed.

Sorry guys I started my own thread as to why things seem to be getting locked' date=' heres my post there and I'll delete the other thread.

Quite honestly I do sometimes wonder about this place.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The anticipation of rules being broken being the reason for locking a thread is pretty lame if you ask me.[/quote']

That's my point exactly. Gibson resides in a country that is not run by communist (no intention of turning this or any thread into a political discussion). In a communist country rules are enforced and punished because of the possible intent of breaking a law. Here in the free world, enforcment shouldn't happen until after a rule is broken.

Who hear wants a speeding ticket because the police clock you at 65 mph in a 65 mph zone and say, you were awfully close to going over so I wanted to stop you before you did.... I'm just doing you a favor?

Nobody wants that nor expects that.

Sorry to be cynical here' date=' but it's just a forum people! :-({|=Lighten up! If you post a thread that gets delted or locked, it is not going to hurt your chances of getting a job, a spouse or make you any less of a person. This is not life/death here. Just a forum. [crying]

:-s

Archived