Gibson Brands Forums

Why Gibsons rock

Silenced Fred

Today, at band practice, my friend just brought in his "amazing" Floyd Rose 7 string guitar. [biggrin]

Not 3 seconds into playing, his damn string pops out! It takes him about 5 minutes to get it back and tune everything up, then guess what? it happens again! something is wrong with his guitar, and right before we played, he was making fun of my "simple" VM Studio. :-

Hey, it's simple but it works, I am just wanted to share that and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience

Today' date=' at band practice, my friend just brought in his "amazing" Floyd Rose 7 string guitar. [confused']

Not 3 seconds into playing, his damn string pops out! It takes him about 5 minutes to get it back and tune everything up, then guess what? it happens again! something is wrong with his guitar, and right before we played, he was making fun of my "simple" VM Studio. :-

Hey, it's simple but it works, I am just wanted to share that and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience

Who ever set it up needs to do a better job.

7 strings?

Can he even play 2? [biggrin]

Who ever set it up needs to do a better job.

7 strings?

Can he even play 2? :-

He is a decent player' date=' but the set up is fine, my teacher checked it out, something broke on the guitar he needs it repaired. He bought the 7 string because "he got a good deal on it" and idk why he didn't just get a 6 string, cuz he said he's never using the 7th one [biggrin

Archived