Gibson Brands Forums

Dylan and Cash

grampa

Today's SF Chronicle has a story about photographer Jim Marshall who took pictures of musicians. The main picture of the story is one of Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash with guitars in hand, having a private laugh. It is an incredible picture. Dylan has a Martin but I don't know what Cash is holding. It is a slotted head steel stringer and the headstock has kind of a Martin look to it but I can't identify any more than that. His whole book is probably worth the $34.95.

Yeah, Jim Marshall took some "iconic" photos, of a lot of musicians, back in the '60's. I'll have to check that book

out. Haven't seen one, around here...but, that's NOT unusual, unfortunately. If it's the photo I'm thinking of,

Dylan has what looks like his 000-18, and Johnny has his Martin Slot head D-35S.

But, without seeing the photo you're referring to, it's hard to be sure.

CB

Thanks for those, jaxson; I especially liked the first video. It's easy to forget what a really good singer Dylan is and not just a stylist; I get so accustomed to hearing the way he sings on songs like on Highway 61 Revisited that it takes a something like the duet with Johnny Cash to remind me that he is much more than that.

Archived