Gibson Brands Forums

Champ 600

Mark

I cheated... I bought one over the phone and had it sent to my mothers house in Boston... I'll be there to pick it up the begining of January and a couple guitars.... So now I'll have a cool practice amp while I'm home for a visit... Really for $99 you can't go wrong. Get it.

they are just ok to me. i have found my lesters kinda overpower that wimpy speaker. a semi-hollow with just a bit of the right OD pedal sounds pretty nice.

Thanks, I will be using my 335 mostly. I'll post some pics later

they are just ok to me. i have found my lesters kinda overpower that wimpy speaker. a semi-hollow with just a bit of the right OD pedal sounds pretty nice.

Yep' date=' that is why I turned mine into a head and added a 12" weber blue dog speaker cab!!

[img']http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/jorgeasc/Guitars130-1.jpg[/img]

Fun amp looked at them several times but at 99 bucks and they let me use a 20% coupon so I couldn't pass it up.

Wow so you got it for like $79....??? Killer!!! My guy at Guitar Center told me lots of people are getting these and moding them out. When I get to Boston I'll find out exactly what they are doing to them and pass it on.

StiffHand, That's a great idea. I'm thinking I'll add an extension speaker out to it and have the option of using one of my Egnator 1 X 12 cabinets if ever I need two amp set ups....

Go for it Mark... Mind you it's just your very basic amp' date=' no bells or whistles but it is all tube and handy to have in the house...

[/quote']

Right, I do have a VOX VT 50 for the neighbors.

Hey there are several you tube videos with 600 mods

Wow so you got it for like $79....??? Killer!!! My guy at Guitar Center told me lots of people are getting these and moding them out. When I get to Boston I'll find out exactly what they are doing to them and pass it on.

StiffHand' date=' That's a great idea. I'm thinking I'll add an extension speaker out to it and have the option of using one of my Egnator 1 X 12 cabinets if ever I need two amp set ups....

[/quote']

For that price is great, I paid like $150 but then sold the cabinet of the amp for $40 or so and the speaker for $10

Dave the internal speaker uses a jack, so all you have to do is unplug it and plug in a cab, the issue is that the output is 4 Ohms.

Archived