Gibson Brands Forums

Champ 600

Mark

I'd spring for the Champ 600' date=' but I'm waiting for the Marshall Class5. It is, finally, supposed to be available stateside on December 23.[/quote']

How much is that Marshall? Also Vox is coming out with a new amp this month

in Japan thats getting good reviews.

I missed out.

I planned on going to NY State next week but the d*cks at GC won't hold one for more than 24 hours and they won't let me use a credit card over the phone 'cause I'm Canadian. What's the f-ing difference where I live if I'm buying something with a Visa??

Oh well, guess I'll just have to use my Marshall stack. :)

I missed out.

I planned on going to NY State next week but the d*cks at GC won't hold one for more than 24 hours and they won't let me use a credit card over the phone 'cause I'm Canadian. What's the f-ing difference where I live if I'm buying something with a Visa??

Oh well' date=' guess I'll just have to use my Marshall stack. :) [/quote']

If they are going to be like that, perhaps you should visit the store and give it a really good try out first. [biggrin]

Of course, it would be a real shame if the amplifier couldnt handle what you put through it and then you decided that it would be best to pass on the deal and leave.........before the smoke became too thick in the store :-

Dave the internal speaker uses a jack' date=' so all you have to do is unplug it and plug in a cab, the issue is that the output is 4 Ohms.[/quote']

A new output transformer with multiple taps (4, 8, 16 ohms) would fix this. It's not real expensive (depending on brand and size) and it's pretty easy to do. Heyboer trannies are pretty inexpensive and decent sounding.

Archived