Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall

swleary

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at a Marshall Class 5 amp but still not sold on it. I know a few people here did buy one ,they say it's awesome and I won't be disappointed. Ok with that said I've watched demos until I'm ready to puke lol . With that said, the class 5 is still not available in my area so going out to play it isn`t an option [biggrin]

I mostly play metal but nothing more than Metallica. I don't do scene metal so that's good lol. Other than metal I do play jazz, blues , hard rock and a little bit of classical.

I really want to hear from everyone who owns the Class 5 please

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everyone' date='

I'm looking at a Marshall Class 5 amp but still not sold on it. I know a few people here did buy one ,they say it's awesome and I won't be disappointed. Ok with that said I've watched demos until I'm ready to puke lol . With that said, the class 5 is still not available in my area so going out to play it isn`t an option [biggrin

I mostly play metal but nothing more than Metallica. I don't do scene metal so that's good lol. Other than metal I do play jazz, blues , hard rock and a little bit of classical.

Long & Mcquade can get you one im sure.

Hi Everyone' date='

I'm looking at a Marshall Class 5 amp but still not sold on it. I know a few people here did buy one ,they say it's awesome and I won't be disappointed. Ok with that said I've watched demos until I'm ready to puke lol . With that said, the class 5 is still not available in my area so going out to play it isn`t an option [crying

I just wanted to quote you in case anyone missed it the first and second time.[crying]

I am a little confused by what you are looking for.

The Haze and the Class5 are so distant apart, for starters, 5 watts vs. 40 watts. If you are looking to play out, go for the Haze, if you are doing this for a practice/ at home amp, go for the Class5 because it rocks.

The Class5 won't be able to keep up with a drummer.

That being said, I love the Class5, and will probably get one after a Jet City 20.

I hear what your saying Fred' date=' yes all the Marshalls are all over the place. 40 vs 5....now that just planted a seed lol. Might have to go with the haze just in case I get the urge to play out.

Or I'll buy both lol

Thanks[/quote']

Go with both!

Quite honestly, the only "amp" I want right now is that one. They sound sweet

Axe wrote

I'm test driving Vintage Modern 2266c's' today.

Oh hate to ask how much but here goes....how much if you don't mind me asking?

Btw Axe I used your saying the other day ...how do I know what I just did? you tell me school boy lmao

i actually like the Haze, but only the combo. between the haze and the class 5, i would definitely get the Haze combo- those el34s will get you closer to what you want IMO than the el84s in the Class 5 or Haze head will. i am not a fan of the VM though...i found that while it does nail that "Beano" sound, it just wasnt what i was looking for. dont get me wrong, the VM is a very nice amp. play 'em all and see what ya like.

like always, ymmv.

If you don't mind my asking, but what specifically attracts you to the Class 5? Wattage, size, potability, price, name. I know it's not the sound, since you have not played one and were not impressed with YouTube demos. The reason I ask is because you should not buy an amp for the wrong reason. Just because it says Marshall on the front, doesn't mean you will be happy. I have not played the Class 5, but have not been impressed with the demos either. I have played the Haze, and am going with the Axe assessment, it's just ok. I have two amps; a JVM 410c 2x12 and a Laney VC15 1x10. The JVM is a pure rocking machine that does not need any explanation to its abilities. Now the Laney is perfect for bedroom practice and portability. I carry this little gem with me when I go on the road and play it in my hotel room. Small footprint, lightweight and the 15 watts sounds great. I sold off a JCM 2000 DSL 401 in favor of the Laney.

The Vintage Modern is a phenomenal amp, it was a toss up between it and the JVM for me. Have fun today Axe!!!

Hope this helps.

Marshall 2266c

I figure I can nab one for around $1500.00

I picked one up off CL last spring (2266 50watt) and had it at the cabin

all summer. Brought it home a couple of weeks ago and have been playing

with it. Great amp love the 2 pre amp knobs. One will make your single

coil sing the second your humbuckers. Look on CL I got mine for $800.

Archived