Gibson Brands Forums

What's going on?

drumrnmuzik

Ok we went on for weeks about guns, even insulted each other about strats & gib's but, all the health care posts are dead. This may get shut down too, but it's just an exchange of ideas until things get nasty.

So Gibson doesn't want to get on any political side, cool, I totally understand, but we're just logging on to a site that is full of good folk exchanging their opinions and points of view, with which we maybe learn from each other.

I'd hate to go on one of those pseudo intellectual sites and vent my rage against blues and reds. I thought that a friendly exchange of ideas was what a lounge would be.

If you guys don't see me again.... well I spoke my peace. Been nice knowing ya'll.

. don't let the bullies scare you now...

Absolutely Hector; I have always despised bullies too.

drumrnmuzik

I agree with you whole heartedly; but time and time again threads have started very well, like how you desrcibed and with a lovely cross section of different views; until "BAM" someone can't take it all and snaps; getting personal and losing their cool etc.

So for the minority who cannot handle it; politics and religion (like in a pub too), have to remain a no no.

Matt

Drum....

I've a hunch it's more whose squeeky wheel is involved than the particulars.

I personally find a lot of the crudity on the forum rather objectionable, but don't complain. I won't claim I haven't used a crude term myself, especially when sitting with friends talking about ranch work. Where I live, one of the more popular cafes has a big sign on the front window, "Cowboys, please knock the Sxxx off your boots before you come in." They're not really kidding, either, especially on Thursdays when the local auction barn has cattle sales.

But written stuff on an international forum to me is rather different. Yet it's apparently not objectionable to use words I'd not use in "polite" company, nor write in a newspaper news story, even as a quotation.

OTOH, I got stuff deleted apparently for writing of real situations in life - that I'd written about here earlier with no complaint, and frankly that I'd even written in "family" newspaper columns without complaint.

So... I'll admit that it bothers me a bit.

BTW, thinking about this "real life" thing that kinda works in this thread...

I wrote news stories this past week on two older teens who finally admitted what happened when a third in a trio of buddies was killed. The three went camping and (illegal at their age here) drinking. They weren't going to drive, but after drinking the booze they had, went off in a crew cab pickup to get more. The kid riding in the passenger side window with his bod outside fell. Pickup ran over and killed him. Long story, but the other guys tried to hide what happened and ended up with felony homicide charges. Sad, sad, sad. Good friends, some awful decisions. Their plea bargains and admission of teenage stupidity may keep 'em out of the penitentiary.

I hope this one doesn't get deleted.

m

Ok we went on for weeks about guns' date=' even insulted each other about strats & gib's but, all the health care posts are dead. This may get shut down too, but it's just an exchange of ideas until things get nasty.

So Gibson doesn't want to get on any political side, cool, I totally understand, but we're just logging on to a site that is full of good folk exchanging their opinions and points of view, with which we maybe learn from each other.

I'd hate to go on one of those pseudo intellectual sites and vent my rage against blues and reds. I thought that a friendly exchange of ideas was what a lounge would be.

If you guys don't see me again.... well I spoke my peace. Been nice knowing ya'll.

[/quote']

Ive never seen you post in the lounge.

Ive only seen you on the SG side.

Sorry.

Once upon a time, the Gibson forum was one giant lounge.... every now and again we talked about guitars. =P~

One admin/mod, 3 or 4 experts, and a slew of wiseguys. If there was an issue, we settled it like men. Good times indeed. Then one day, poof! A meteor hit and the forum and all its civilization was wiped out.... well, with the exception of a few survivors of course haha.

Things change, not always the way we like it ( for instance seeing your 2000 posts reset back to zero for one):- , but until you run your own forum, that's life. Forum membership is a privelege, and a good outlet to share your interests with like-minded people. Unfortunately people can't always be on the same page. Hey, it's just like being in a band. [laugh]

Anyway, members come and go and a good percentage of people quit when things don't feel right, or perhaps

there's just really nothing new and exciting to talk about anymore. So, as a community you feel obligated to

stayed tuned to the subject matter that's surrounding you at a given time, whether it's politics or 'whos next celebrity death guessing game', or any kinda mumbo jumbo. One can simply throw in the towel or just take a temporary leave of absence. Don't quit for good, just come back in a month and see if anything's changed or not. Ya never know, it could get interesting..... The CEO

might like the trees in China.:D/

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ive never seen you post in the lounge.

Ive only seen you on the SG side.

Sorry.

Oh I read here quite a bit, I just posted a comment on a crappy stompbox. Might be the time difference that gets me on page 2.

This biz was because I was interested in the health issue and wondering what you guys were thinking 'bout it. I'm an expat American living with social medicine and may have some insite to the whole deal.

Oh yeah, the melt down was a political thing? Well land'o goshens...:-k

Merry holidays, Hanuka, Christmas, Nirvanna, New Years, what ever you're in to.

Ciao

Archived