Gibson Brands Forums

Check this "Gibson" out

gearbasher

My neighbor had one just like the one for sale on EBay an early fifties or late forties job with the neck joint so dried out that it started to come apart. The view available does not afford any opportunity to check for an uplifting fretboard experience. Could have the strings slacked off too and you wouldn't know if it was playable till you got it home.

My neighbor had one just like the one for sale on EBay an early fifties or late forties job with the neck joint so dried out that it started to come apart. The view available does not afford any opportunity to check for an uplifting fretboard experience. Could have the strings slacked off too and you wouldn't know if it was playable till you got it home.

all of this notwithstanding, it's not a Gibson. someone will buy it anyway.

edit: at 800.00 starting bid, maybe not.

I believe that's what's known as a GSO.

Guitar Shaped Object.

I had one like that about 15 years ago. One of the few guitars I actually threw into a dumpster.

You guys know me. How bad can a guitar possibly be for ME to throw it out?

Hi Gibber's

I have a '54 LG-1 that I'm doing some light restoration work on. The guitar belongs to my father-inlaw, he asked me to do the semi-restore and find a buyer. I need some advice on a cleaner to use. I need to remove the grime that appears, were our bare arm lays over the lower bout when playing. Regular polish, just doesn't do it. Any suggestions on what will work, yet not harm the finish?

Gib LG-1

Archived