Gibson Brands Forums

Damn- got ideas?

Andre S

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad told me when I was in school;

Go ahead and stand on your principles, just realize you may very often be standing alone. Choice is yours.

I live by that to this day.

Who do you really want on your side?

I mean, don't poison the well and salt the earth just to 'prove' you're an individual - just like everybody else...

Conversely, avoid the deep-thinking 'Me too-ists' who can't grab their *** with both hands.

They will only bring you down and compromise your integrity at the worst possible time.

But if I'm worried what my friends think, what my teacher thinks, what my parents think.....

Think about your relationship with them, and what harm it can do.

Be prepared to move on without them, and many things they might offer to aid your success.

Be careful deciding you don't need anybody.

Take it from a man who has burned, no bombed some sizeable bridges in his life.

I'm doing just fine, but I still wonder "What if...?" about a couple situations I cannot fix.

I thought we were talking about Butt Kissing. I'm not saying be all "Huey Freeman" 1 in class all the time. I will say that if you Butt Kiss all the time, you'll be employed by people that like Butt Kissers. If you express you opinion but ultimately listen to your superiors, then work toward the common goal (aka "Getting On Board") you get employers that like results, not Ball Cupping.

And I still think there should be Space Ships in the Global Warming Story.

1From The Boondocks

That's some good advice Neo. I can't really argue with anything you said.

There's a time and place for everything, but never lie about your beliefs. You can keep your mouth shut when it's not worth it, but when someone tells you to open it, you better be saying what you truly believe.

Is that really all you've got DAS?

Archived