Gibson Brands Forums

Come on Californiaman!!

guitargreg1993

Don't keep us waiting any longer!!! [angry]

i seem to remember *someone* saying you would post the tele pics by yesterday....

UPS Truck dropped her off 10 minutes ago.[cool]

I think I'm going to let her sit in the case until my wife comes home to share in the excitement.[biggrin]

You're going to have to wait for pictures though.

I'll post them Sunday or Monday.

so please dont keep us waiting any longer, post em man!!!

jus' sayin. :-

Californiaman may be experiencing a natural delay right now. Bad Storms in California yesterday and today have tuned parts of Long Beach into a regular Texas Flood. There's Thunderstorm and TORNADO warnings for Riverside, Chino, and Ontario.

I haven't heard anything from Caliman, but I imagine this could put a damper on his Net Surfing. Thoughts and Prayers for those without power and hip deep in water.

Hopefully he's just being greedy and playing his new bright green pleasure machine. The weather around his parts of California has been really lousy.. These are a few of the warnings around his parts.

Coastal Flood Advisory

High Surf Advisory

Wind Advisory

High Wind Watch

Coastal Flood Watch

Special Weather Statement

Hazardous Weather Outlook

Hydrologic Outlook

How're you doing FirstMeasure

How're you doing FirstMeasure

Actually' date=' last night I was pretty concerned about my Parents. they were in a part of town that has been out of Electricity for 36 hours now due to downed power poles (Tried to talk them into staying the night here, but thier stubborn mountain folks. In the 70's we'd have 48 hour power failures all the time). They're OK today and power should be restored in an hour or two (so they say. they told everyone it would be 12 hours, but I guess the weather had other plans).

Lotsa Snow, which is better than rain for us. I feel lucky knowing what the lower elevations are going through.

o crap' date=' im sorry.... i didnt realize that it may be cuz of the weather.... i hope all you guys out in Cali are alright!! [blink']

I'll keep y'all in my prayers :-k

Thanks Gibsonkid! Don't worry, folk always think of California as a Sunny place to escape the Floods and Tornadoes, and they're usually right. I still can't believe there was a Tornado Warning right here in Southern California.

Actually' date=' last night I was pretty concerned about my Parents. they were in a part of town that has been out of Electricity for 36 hours now due to downed power poles (Tried to talk them into staying the night here, but thier stubborn mountain folks. In the 70's we'd have 48 hour power failures all the time). They're OK today and power should be restored in an hour or two (so they say. they told everyone it would be 12 hours, but I guess the weather had other plans).

Lotsa Snow, which is better than rain for us. I feel lucky knowing what the lower elevations are going through.[/quote']

Good you're okay. My best to your folks..

Lotsa Snow, which is better than rain for us. I feel lucky knowing what the lower elevations are going through.

Thanks Gibsonkid! Don't worry, folk always think of California as a Sunny place to escape the Floods and Tornadoes, and they're usually right. I still can't believe there was a Tornado Warning right here in Southern California.[/quote']

How are the "burn areas" holding up? I hope they don't have terrible mud slides, on

top of everthing else, that's going on, out there?!

Be Safe!

CB

How are the "burn areas" holding up? I hope they don't have terrible mud slides' date=' on

top of everthing else, that's going on, out there?!

Be Safe!

CB[/quote']

That will be a problem come Springtime. It really depends on how fast it all melts. If this came down rain, like it almost did, then we'd have Mudslides Galore. A few years ago we lost a piece of one of our back roads and a couple structures to Mudslides because it snowed, then rained for two days melting all the snow.

Thanks CB

That will be a problem come Springtime. It really depends on how fast it all melts. If this came down rain' date=' like it almost did, then we'd have Mudslides Galore. A few years ago we lost a piece of one of our back roads and a couple structures to Mudslides because it snowed, then rained for two days melting all the snow.

Thanks CB[/quote']

Well, I was wondering, because some friends of mine, out there, have stated (by e-mail) that they are

getting quite a bit of rain, in the lower elevations, so...I didn't know how severe, it was..yet. And, I

haven't heard back, from them, as of yet.

Thanks,

CB

Well' date=' I was wondering, because some friends of mine, out there, have stated (by e-mail) that they are

getting quite a bit of rain, in the lower elevations, so...I didn't know how severe, it was..yet. And, I

haven't heard back, from them, as of yet.

Thanks,

CB[/quote']

There will be mudslides in the lower burn areas for sure, I just hope folks in those areas don't suffer from the same amnesia that Hurricane folks get. Folks in those areas better have an escape plan and a few bags of thier favorite stuff all packed and ready to go.

Californiaman may be experiencing a natural delay right now. Bad Storms in California yesterday and today have tuned parts of Long Beach into a regular Texas Flood. There's Thunderstorm and TORNADO warnings for Riverside' date=' Chino, and Ontario.

I haven't heard anything from Caliman, but I imagine this could put a damper on his Net Surfing. Thoughts and Prayers for those without power and hip deep in water.[/quote']

You're right FirstMeasure.

California is a mess.

PG&E estimated that over 20,000 customers in the Santa Maria Valley had power outages yesterday. Ours was out from roughly 11:00 a.m. till about 8:30 p.m. last night. My neighbor's power didn't come on until 7:30 this morning.

As far as the Green Unicorn, pictures later this week if all goes well. Californiagirl's birthday is Thursday and I've been running around in a torrential downpour over the last two days trying to get the perfect gifts for such a wonderful mother and wife. One of her gifts is a new digital camera, since she is unable of using my Nikon F100. So I'll upload some photographs later. The only photo I have is this small tease taken on my neighbor's cell phone.

Interesting that when the guitar is outside under an overcast sky it's more blue, almost Daphne Blue than a Sea Foam Green.

When it's indoors, it's more green than blue. Here, see for yourselves. More pictures to come as I have time. Right now with the party planning, university level classes, and other activities. This is the best I can do.

0115001538.jpg

You're right FirstMeasure.

California is a mess.

PG&E estimated that over 20' date='000 customers in the Santa Maria Valley had power outages yesterday. Ours was out from roughly 11:00 a.m. till about 8:30 p.m. last night. My neighbor's power didn't come on until 7:30 this morning.

As far as the Green Unicorn, pictures later this week if all goes well. Californiagirl's birthday is Thursday and I've been running around in a torrential downpour over the last two days trying to get the perfect gifts for such a wonderful mother and wife. One of her gifts is a new digital camera, since she is unable of using my Nikon F100. So I'll upload some photographs later. The only photo I have is this small tease taken on my neighbor's cell phone.

Interesting that when the guitar is outside under an overcast sky it's more blue, almost Daphne Blue than a Sea Foam Green.

When it's indoors, it's more green than blue. Here, see for yourselves. More pictures to come as I have time. Right now with the party planning, university level classes, and other activities. This is the best I can do.

[img']http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj438/Californiaman5/0115001538.jpg[/img]

nice!! cant wait for the pics Caliman!! [cool]

good luck... i hope the whole weather thing is getting better for ya!! [biggrin]

Archived