Gibson Brands Forums

steve vai v steve vai

S t e v e

Haha - best guitar gear review ever! [biggrin]

This may come out very wrong, but it was fun seeing him play with himself... Yeah, that didn't sound right [biggrin]

Anyway, new respect for Steve Vai!

Oh, and the pedal was nice too. I'm in the market for a solid state distortion pedal and this one has my interest.

DJ

--

Yeah' date=' I laughed when I first saw that one. It's always refreshing to see "celebrities" who don't take themselves too seriously.[/quote']

+1

I've also heard the Steve is a down-to-earth kinda guy. And it sounds strange because his playing is certainly so ''not of this world'' I would say!

There is a video of him in Guitar World mag, demostrating hise touring gear. Lots of interest and laughs on this one as well guys!

+1

I've also heard the Steve is a down-to-earth kinda guy. And it sounds strange because his playing is certainly so ''not of this world'' I would say!

There is a video of him in Guitar World mag' date=' demostrating hise touring gear. Lots of interest and laughs on this one as well guys![/quote']

yea ive heard that too.... and ive actually seen that vid.... its one of my favorites on youtube....

but yea, i love this.... steve vai has a great sense of humor!! [cool][biggrin]

Had the pedal' date=' IMO not worth it. After a little more than a week I sent it back to AMS and I got the Vox Satch pedal (Satchurator). Now thats a killer over drive pedal with a built in booster on the pedal itself and about half the cost. [/quote']

Is the Satchurator a high gain pedal? If so I might look into it.

Nope low - fi for sure; it sounds very much like the first Sabbath Album and songs in the 60's; although the 2nd channel or booster on the pedal does have a nice tone to it.

My Big Muff NAILS Sabbath tone. It's absolutely ridiculous. I don't use it a whole lot though. Most of the time it's just too much distortion. It can get a little muddy for my style. I like to play alot of weird chords. I prefer my amps OD for that.

But if you're looking for Sabbath tone from a stombox, check out the Russian Big Muff Pi.

Archived