Gibson Brands Forums

every picture tells a story, don't it?

jefleppard

While I wouldn't buy that sucker, I love the look of a naturally worn guitar. You can tell that beauty has been played.

That's how a guitar should look after 50+ years unless it's been sitting in a display case at the plastic surgeon's office.

alot of the mint cond items of this type are BIN between 10K and 25K but this one is ..ahem.. hardly mint. i love it though. it says alot about how seriously someone played it - sort of like willie nelson's trigger. you may be right - its time may have passed and its ready for pasture but i wouldn't just toss it. this one deserves a respectful retirement as it looks like it served its master well.

While I wouldn't buy that sucker' date=' I love the look of a naturally worn guitar. You can tell that beauty has been played.

That's how a guitar should look after 50+ years unless it's been sitting in a display case at the plastic surgeon's office.[/quote']

I bought all three of these new. On the left is a '98 Joshua. In the middle a '69 Framus. The last is a '07 Songwriter Deluxe. The Framus spent the first 30 years of its life with no case. It was one of only 3 guitars I owned. I'd wrap it in a blanket when I'd move. It's been everywhere with me. The case I eventually bought for it cost more than the guitar originally did. Although I never gigged with it, it's been well used. Hell, I used it when I was a-courtin' Missus Cruzn! :-

IMG_0309.jpg

Those are from 1969? Sheesh! I would've thought something like 1989!

I guess they've been pretty well taken care of' date=' then![/quote']

Mine was close to being abused at first..... no case...drug it from place to place.... I was pretty close to being out of control..... played HARD, (hard enough to break the top in several places), and then Amtrac broke the neck during a trip to Bend, OR, (yeah...it had a case by then), but since then I've taken much better care of it. I'm thinking of refretting it 'cause it plays great and sounds wonderful...might even get the top cracks "fixed" as much as practical.

DSC01222.jpg?t=1264197295

Mine was close to being abused at first..... no case...drug it from place to place.... I was pretty close to being out of control..... played HARD' date=' (hard enough to break the top in several places, and then Amtrac broke the neck during a trip to Bend, OR, (yeah...it had a case by then), but since then I've taken much better care of it. I'm thinking of refretting it 'cause it plays great and sounds wonderful...might even get the top cracks "fixed" as much as practical.

[img']http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/Jubilee/DSC01222.jpg?t=1264197295[/img]

Is that...yes, it is...I see a footprint!! What the...? When did SWMBO start allowing shoes?

Archived