Gibson Brands Forums

Any Opinions?

Andre S

Im losing the Burstbucker 3 zebra humbucker on my Joan Jett MM...... You can give it a try if you want

Thanks, but I wanted to try something outside of the Gibson line....

If I am staying in, I would change the magnet, like T-Top replica, of a 490

You've got a deal.

If you don't like it you can still send Duane what ever he wants and send the burstbucker to me! [biggrin]

As for the thread. Lindy Fralins are really nice, so are Van Zandts. Some one else posted a link to some vintage style pickup builder that seemed really good but I can't remember what they were called now :/

I've heard some Fralins and I thought they sounded amazing.

If I were in your position I'd go with those.

Cool, the main choice was between the fralins pure paf, and the dimarzio 36th anniversary pafs.

I dunno when I'll be changing them though...

Those demos on the DiMarzio site do sound nice but I would like to know more about how they recorded the sound. Those can be misleading if you don't know what guitar, amp, and effects were added to the playing.

Don't take that as an anti-endorsement because it is not. In fact I have the predecessor pup to those 36 anniversary ones (I have virtual vintage PAF Hot in the bridge) and before that I had a Dual Sound in my LP for around 28 years and it was working fine when I replaced it.

They definately make a good product. I'm just questioning how the guitars were recorded. So if I missed any details about the sounds recorded then let me know, but I didn't see any.

Archived