Gibson Brands Forums

Just got a new band lined up.

Dub-T-123

Well things totally went downhill with my last little band. The drummer joined a new band and moved his drums to his friends studio. We never jammed anymore so it was pretty stupid.

My best friend who played guitar in my last band will be playing bass in the new band and may dabble in a little guitar. My old friend who I hadn't seen in a long time will be on drums. He's a cool dude and he wants to play the same style that my bassist friend and I are looking for.

The new drummer plays more to my preference and he actually has drive. He's gigged before and he knows how to get it done. Much unlike the last one.

Were gonna go for more upbeat indie thing with some psycadelic low-fi flavor.

Were having the first jam this Saturday and we'll see how it works out. I'm hoping to get a full blown band commitment here. I want to start gigging and getting out there.

This seems perfect for me. I really hope it goes well.

Wish me luck guys.

Thanks man. I definately click with the bassist. It's just the new drummer that I'm not sure about yet.

The first time I ever played with a drummer was with the new guy. We clicked then and I've gotten about 20 times better at guitar since then so hopefully we'll just hit it off.

By the way I kindof threw the old drummer under the bus in my last post. He's cool and I still hang out with him all the time but I'm done with him as a bandmate.

Well things totally went downhill with my last little band. The drummer joined a new band and moved his drums to his friends studio. We never jammed anymore so it was pretty stupid.

My best friend who played guitar in my last band will be playing bass in the new band and may dabble in a little guitar. My old friend who I hadn't seen in a long time will be on drums. He's a cool dude and he wants to play the same style that my bassist friend and I are looking for.

The new drummer plays more to my preference and he actually has drive. He's gigged before and he knows how to get it done. Much unlike the last one.

Were gonna go for more upbeat indie thing with some psycadelic low-fi flavor.

Were having the first jam this Saturday and we'll see how it works out. I'm hoping to get a full blown band commitment here. I want to start gigging and getting out there.

This seems perfect for me. I really hope it goes well.

Wish me luck guys.

Good luck.... BTW...where in Calif are you? (maybe I can stop by your practice!)

Thanks guys.

Rob. I'm in Orange County.

Hector. Thanks my last band was a great learning experience. It made me more creative and showed me how to work with other musicians. Plus it was just fun [bored] if all goes well you can expect some recordings.

FM. That is true.

Archived