Gibson Brands Forums

For someone who doesn't know what pedals to get

Andre S

I second whatever anybody else says.... I have a line 6 pod xt and compared to the Vox tonelab st...well lets just say the tonelab will be in my possesion soon enough

Oh And listen to Thundergod because he loves Vox and that makes him more than ok in my books [angry]

Toyota Wah Pedals have been recalled. They get stuck in the Toe Down position, causing High Frequency Feedback and Nasal lead passages.

For real, though......Vox Tonelabs are really good for Digital Multi Effect units, but I never met a Digital Multi Effects Station I liked.

A VOX ToneLab or a Toyota pedal??? [biggrin]

Anyway' date=' the ToneLab is a great choice even if you already know what pedals you like and you already own them. [thumbup

Which one do you have thunder?

And, can you use the tonelab as an interface for direct recording?

Line out from the amp to the tonelab to the PC?

The ST does with direct USB line in connection. I played it' date=' I hate multi digital effects pedals, but it is really versatile and sounds halfway decent

[/quote']

There's my issue, I don't like multi effects pedal, I'd much rather have, a whole bunch of different pedals, but as I said, I don't know what pedals I should get, so I think its better to have a multieffects to get an idea of the kind of pedals..

I bought a Boss ME 50 and I very happy with it... Has a nice reverb, good chorus, decent delay, Wah wah, compression and overdrive... Plus the usual tuner and edit and save capabilities. I think it's a good starting point to get to know what everything does. I'm not sure if they still sell the ME 50 because there is a ME 70 now with a few more goodies like looping and you can scroll through the different FX using the foot switches.... You can see it in this pic;

BossME-50.jpg

Archived