Gibson Brands Forums

Bad Combinations

freak show

Got the idea for this thread over the weekend...

I had made tacos, a dish I really like.

After the meal I decided I was in the mood for some cognac, something else I enjoy.

Man, that was a mistake! The taste of cognac harmonizes with the taste of tacos about as well as Yoko did with the Beatles. Absolutely disgusting. All I can say is: Don't ever try it.

Anyone else know of things that just don't fit together?

And I don't mean just food. What are some other really bad combinations that should be avoided?

My bacon smoothies ain't going over too well lately.[wink] Dunno why?

Anyways...I love tacos mate. I love cognac too,as long as it's a nice cognac.That's the trick.[crying]

But..I'm not one of those people who eat AND drink at the same time - wine and cheese etc. - I either eat and THEN drink or vice versa.

Blaze Bailey as the Iron Maiden frontman. :-k what were they thinking...?[crying]

And I have to say...that 3rd. guitarist Wolf ? something? I dunno' date='clutching at what's left of grey matter here...should just be Adrian & Dave. Period.[wink

And don't get me started on the festering carcass that's name tagged KISS these daze...:-&

One time while sitting around the house I decided I had a craving for a margarita. Checked the liquor cabinet, tequila on hand but nothing to mix it with. Then I spotted the lime gatorade, made perfect sense to me, tequila + green gatorade = margarita.

WRONG!

Talking bout booze' date='I always pour an absinthe for anyone who cares for one when I throw a BBQ/piss up etc...and they never want another. Me too. It's going on 3 years old now that bottle and there's still a 1/3rd. left.[/quote']

I brought a nice bottle back from Europe for my friends, and they took one drink each and instantly hated it. I think it was in the house for about a little over a year until that friend came along that will drink anything and finally finished the job. Truly a disgusting concoction.

On the mellon and prosciutto matter, I went to a Smith & Wollensky (a renowned steakhouse) and one of the appetizers they had was prosciutto and figs with some sort of vinaigrette sauce. The were delicious.

Believe it or not, a nasty combination for me is mac and cheese. I am not a big fan of nasty runny cheese to begin with, and I hate pasta without red meat sauce. The slimy noise that mac and cheese makes when it is being stirred in a bowl makes me want to vomit.

Archived