Gibson Brands Forums

If I am trying to play a style like Johnny A

Andre S

Not if you like Bigsbies (Bigsby's ?). I'd personally like a Les Paul Axcess with a Floyd Rose' date=' knowing that would get me Lynched in the wrong town. I don't think a Bigsy's out of line at all.[/quote']

I can't decide...

I know if the next guitar is an SG, it will be getting a Maestro tailpiece, but if its a Les Paul, I have no issue bigsbifying my current les paul

Do you think its wrong to put a Bigsby on a Les Paul?

I was just wondering' date=' because when I asked someone to photoshop something for me, a Wine Red Custom with a bigsby

A couple of people said that I shouldn't do it?[/quote']

It's just opinions, nothing else. Here's a pic of my ol' rhythm player's stock, original '61 Les Paul (SG) Custom with a factory installed Bigsby. I'd bet even the ones who advised you against a Bigsby would love to own this...or even to be able to afford to buy it today.

ScruftyPersonified002.jpg

It's just opinions' date=' nothing else. Here's a pic of my ol' rhythm player's stock, original '61 Les Paul (SG) Custom with a factory installed Bigsby. I'd bet even the ones who advised you against a Bigsby would love to own this...or even to be able to afford to buy it today.

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/ScruftyPersonified002.jpg[/img]

They look so much better with a Maestro [cool]

I dunno man, I'm seriously considering it with the vibramate option, but 264, is a lot that could go toward a new gibson.

Man I played the sweetest SG ever today with a short vibrato tailpiece.

It was a '66-'68 SG Special in a beautiful dark cherry color. It had the most perfect body I've ever seem. Pefect bevels with perfect tapering at the tip of the horns. It was GORGEOUS. Then the neck is just exactly how I like it. Kindof narrow width with a nice chunky thickness. What a perfect neck. Perfect frets too.

Then we get to the vibrato tailpeice. I honestly prefer the short tailpiece to the full Maestro. The thing had a nice firm sproingy feel and stayed perfectly in tune. I abused it and it was solid.

Then there are those classic vintage p90s. Ahh. So amazing. This thing was all I could ever want in an SG for about $3,000. I'm telling you. This SG was something special. The body was so perfect.

Sorry for going on and on about that. This guitar just blew my mind.

So' date=' who's Johnny A?[/quote']

He's a guitarist

Who plays an instrumental style

On Steve Vai's record

He has a Gibson Signature

And his music and style rocks.

youtube him,

songs are really good,

my favourites are 2 wheel horse, hipbone and Oh Yeah

Archived