Gibson Brands Forums

SURPRISE! Women - wtf?

NeoConMan

Woman pleads guilty in hammer attack on husband

Associated Press - SALT LAKE CITY

A 37-year-old Salt Lake City woman acknowledged hitting her husband in the head with a hammer three years ago after blindfolding him and promising a surprise.

Amy Teresa Ricks pleaded guilty to second-degree felony aggravated assault on Tuesday.

Prosecutors have agreed to reduce the conviction to a third-degree felony after Ricks completes probation.

Prosecutors also agreed to let Ricks seek expungement of the crime after seven years.

Sentencing is set for April 19.

Ricks' husband suffered minor injuries in the May 2007 attack.

Ricks' defense attorney says the two are still married but are separated.

I could write a book on this from my analysis of the story, but I have to clean my house, install a new bird bath and bake some cookies for a friend's birthday.

Suffice it to say the wife was angry, and very very methodical and calculating about it. [lol]

On behalf of good women everywhere, don't paint us all with the same brush [lol]

Karen...

Yeah, I think most people are a lot better than in Neo's tale. I'm more than aware of "domestic violence" that goes both ways, btw. One guy I know was wrapped up in bed and his now-ex wife took a ball bat to him. But the same guy remarried beat the snot out of wife #2.

Such violence ain't how I was raised, nor most folks I consider even partial friends.

m

Karen...

Yeah' date=' I think most people are a lot better than in Neo's tale. I'm more than aware of "domestic violence" that goes both ways, btw. One guy I know was wrapped up in bed and his now-ex wife took a ball bat to him. But the same guy remarried beat the snot out of wife #2.

Such violence ain't how I was raised, nor most folks I consider even partial friends.

m

[/quote']

Ahhh, Milod, always the voice of reason. Yeah, I don't understand violence. I just don't get it. And I'm a social worker! I could never work with abused women because I don't understand why they don't just leave after the first slug? I know there's the whole 'oppression' thing, I get that, but before you get to the oppression part, you've already been struck enough (once) to know you need to move on. And yes, there's lots of men who are abused as well. I'd rather be alone than live like that. Here's the thing..... if you regularly feel like physically assaulting your spouse, you should not be with said spouse. Seems simple enough to me.

Karen...

Yupper. We're on the same page. My bro, by the way, teaches DV investigations.

I just don't really understand so much of it.

Also, I've ridden with lotza law enforcement guys. They know I'll do anything whatsoever to back them up except... I don't go in the door to a DV. Too dangerous, and that's not a joke at all.

m

I understand that some women feel an attachment to their abusive husbands and staying and being beat is, to them, preferable, to moving out... without any sense of being able to support one's self... but...

When does killing the rotten, no-good, cowardly, bastage become a better alternative to leaving said bastage ...

"Expunged after 7 years" ???? I pitty to foo' who hooks up with her 7.1 years from now. Mark my words she will marry the same coward, different name, but the same coward .... and history will repeat itself.

Suffice it to say the wife was angry' date=' and very very methodical and calculating about it. [/quote']

That was my whole point - "I have a surprise for you....."

And men are stupid enough to think she's gonna be naked or something....

BLAMMO!

That was my whole point - "I have a surprise for you....."

And men are stupid enough to think she's gonna be naked or something....

BLAMMO!

LMFAO!!! [lol]

Well' date=' we don't get the full details of the picture... Because, from what we know, she could have done this in her black lace lingerie, eh...? Which would have taken the story to a whole other dimention![biggrin

Archived