Gibson Brands Forums

Mighty Mite straplocks

Thundergod

By the way I'm liking the looks of them, here are some pics, they look better than dunlops and schallers IMO, as schallers have that unconfortable round thing sticking out and dunlops are just plain huge and ugly.

Don't mind the tex-mex strap, it was made by a friend and it's really confortable (100% leather and hand made).

estudio18defebrero012.jpg

estudio18defebrero016.jpg

estudio18defebrero013.jpg

estudio18defebrero014.jpg

Swleary: They give Slashtone [crying]

Dub-T-123: That DiMarzio? I don't remember what it was, I'm a dimarzio dealer now and that one was one of the first to be sold, I think it was a paf joe, and the guy bought it and was going to install it himself in some guitar whe didn't care to talk about.

Fred (61, not that other Fred): Those mighty mite straplocks, I'm a mighty mite dealer now too [blink] so I get them directly from them, they are about 14 bucks... I saw them at a store for 18.

Neo: all my other guitars have schallers and this one had them too (in gold) but I think black gives that particular strap a little better look so I installed those mighty mites and they do their job just fine. [blink]

Whew, I just about lost my Special SL! I removed the Schaller straplocks and did the screw through the washer thing. Apparently, the straplocks' screw is bigger and the stock screw loosened itself and almost pulled completely out.

So' date=' you unscrew it to remove the strap while holding the threaded piece in your hand?

Don't drop it on a dark stage....

Looks similar to what Gretsch puts on their guitars from here.[/quote']

No, there's this part you screw to the... other part, and that whole assemblage stays on the strap (will take some pics tomorrow) then there's the strap button, where you "plug" the whole thing and if you want to take it out you have to push a ring that is positioned between the guitar's wood and the strap (no way of it getting off accidentally.

Okay.

Yeah' date=' loose parts + black finish = nightmare from hell onstage.[/quote']

No loose parts Neo, I'll post some pics tomorrow, it's actually a little more secure than the schaller nut. I think pics will illustrate it :D

Archived