Gibson Brands Forums

If you could go on tour with a USO band would you.

Blackie

The USO is the United Service Organizations.

Since before the United States entered World War II, the USO (United Service Organizations) has been the bridge between the American public and the U.S. military. In times of peace and war, the USO has consistently delivered its special brand of comfort, morale and recreational services to the military. The USO, a congressionally chartered, private, nonprofit organization, relies on the generosity of individuals and corporations to support USO activities.

For 69 years, the USO's mission has remained the same. The USO will support U.S. troops and their families wherever they serve. Across the United States and around the world, the American military knows that the USO is there for them. By supporting the USO, Americans show their appreciation and express their gratitude to the men and women who defend us.

******** Their music looks kind of lacking.************

TBD The Cast of "Sons of Anarchy"

featuring Mark Boone Jr., Dayton Callie, Kim Coates and John Rossi Persian Gulf

TBD NCAA Coaches

Persian Gulf

TBD Zac Brown Band

Persian Gulf

Jan. 10-19 Kelli Pickler

featuring Randy Houser and Jamie Johnson Kuwait and Iraq

Mar. 12-13 Gary Sinise and the Lt Dan Band

Ft. Irwin and 29 Palms, CA

****************Yo if I can have a couple full stacks behind me and directions to a bunker I would go rock anywhere

our guys are holed up...............cause I am still one those guys........

I'd love to be on the tour with Jamey Johnson.

A friend of mine's former band was in negotiations to join a USO tour, and their idiot frontman decided it was a bad idea. I don't remember the terms of the tour, but they were great for the band, in addition to being part of a great organization. I know the USO would provide all the instruments, so they didn't have to carry their own.

After that stunt, my friend (the drummer) and the bassist left the band. Apparently they've got replacements since then, but with the same frontman I doubt they'll get too far.

It's the most honorable and selfless thing a professional act can do.

If I was in the position to do it, damn right I would.

All I would need is;

1. More time to practice.

2. A band.

3. A way to keep the NeoCon Compound up & running in my absence.

4. Convincing the USO people my band does not suck.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, though they probably wouldn't have me. I know from personal experience that the troops really appreciate the USO and all they do.

For those that don't have the ability to tour with the USO, you can still do your part by dropping off books, magazines, hand made posters or whatever. It all makes a difference.

It is something I've wanted to do for 30+ years from seeing the Bob Hope TV specials and film reels. If given the opportunity I would be proud and honored to serve our troops, anywhere, anytime.

Where do I sign up?

Hey Larry...

Me too. And we're not kids. As I recall I'm even older.

So... I dunno if they'd take me 'cuz I probably sound too much like a guy left over from an early '60s coffee house with ciggies made of real tobacco - and now showing with gray hair. <grin>

Although... a friend told me his outfit looked at it and it's a lot of work and I recall there was a health concern by one of the guys so they stayed "regional" in the US and Canadian northern plains.

Hmmmm. I probably should get my expired passport renewed some day. <grin>

m

Our guys on the ground in A-stan are being asked to actually do the age old counter insurgent operation

of clearing and now finally protecting the ground they secure.

This would be all well and good if it was a nato or us operation. But our forces are tasked with as many ahfgan troops as they can half

vet.

We have seen before how quickley a weapon and uniform can be thrown to the ground from the indigenous forces in a few other

lands the US fighting man has found himself.

So .....

Archived