Gibson Brands Forums

Jonas Brothers vs Buckethead: NOT A JOKE

Thundergod

And by artist I mean the whole package, not who plays better or makes better songs, or even who sells more albums 'cause I guess te Jonas Bros would win that one.

Both are hated by some and loved by some, bot are said to be overrated as artists, BUT, both are making money with music and have a good number of fans and a lot of hype around them.

The Jonas Brothers:

-People claim they don't actually play, girls love 'em, guitarists (for the most part) hate 'em.

-They make millions and are world famous.

-They are doing what most of us only could dream of: play in front of tens of thousands of people (millions if you take on acount live tv transmitions of their shows).

-They have a Gibson endorsement.

-They also have their own tv show which should give them extra points.

-And of course there's the fact that they have this nice kid "don't smoke-don't drink-don't have pre marital sex" aura around them.

Buckethead:

-People claim his playing sucks, that he has no soul when it comes to playing, I don't know what girls in general feel about him.

-He's making the big bucks too, and of course is a world famous player (some of my students asked me to teach them some BH licks last week [biggrin] so if he's known in this 3rd world commie sh-thole...).

-He too is doing what most of us could only dream of: being a real life guitar hero for some, making a life of what he likes to do, playing in front of 10 people or more [blink] just kidding, tho he doesn't get as much media coverage as the JBs he gets full houses too.

-Got gibson to make him his guitar that is actually not only a les paul standard with a signatured headstock, but a completely neww type of les paul.

-Doesn't have a tv show or the media coverage but still has managed to get famous.

-He's got the misterious, strange and almost weird thing about him and his past (just like old time WWF wrestlers [lol]).

I voted for the Jonas Brothers, thought most people say they don't play at all, they have this whole huge pro artist thing going on. They are everywhere and people in their target seem to really love them. They are a very well made product. [thumbup]

That said, my girl students ask me to teach them how to play JBs songs [lol] while my boy students ask me to teach them BH songs.

I tried to ilustrate some scales using 2 of slash's most known songs and both boys and girls got pissed off [lol]

Great another stupid survey

Actually' date=' it's not stupid at all (dem00n's post aside)

Did you read the whole thing? ...wait, I forgot you never learnt to read [lol if mommy isn't there to read the difficult words for you I'll fix it up on mp3 and send it to your mail [thumbup]

Actually' date=' it's not stupid at all (dem00n's post aside)

Did you read the whole thing? ...wait, I forgot you never learnt to read [lol if mommy isn't there to read the difficult words for you I'll fix it up on mp3 and send it to your mail [thumbup]

I sent him a reocrding of my verison reading it. [lol]

So your calling me stupid now!

It's not impressive at all that the Jonas Brothers are popular because in today's music world' date=' the way you become that popular is just by going mainstream. You're giving the average conformist listeners too much credit.[/quote']

Good point [thumbup]

BUT, it's the conformist, musically challenged masses that buy CDs and pay to download MP3 files. They also are the ones that pay stupid amounts to go to a show that's exactly the same as the one they attended the week before.

Also, being a product that sells is part of being a succesful artist.

Never undersetimate the buying power of the musically challenged [lol]

You do that but I know from your past experiences its way to techy for ya so I will wait for the cassette version. Now remember its more postage because I don't live in your country

You read my mind boss... I was about to write tape instead of mp3 but I chose the mp3 file 'cause most kids here don't know what a tape is.

I'll never understand the mentality that in order to be successful in music, you have to play to the fewest fans. In fact... the fewer fans you have, the more "true" to music you are.

That IS what you're saying when you say " "X" plays to the mainstream, so he sucks". The Mainstream IS the most fans.

It shows an incredible lack of understanding of the business side of what most folks here claim to want. The short bus version is: Fans=money. If no one buys your stuff, you won't make money. The scale people use to judge the success of a musician or band is sales, so add that in : Fans=Sales=Money.

So, using this "logic", I am the MOST uber guitar player ev-AR. I play in my livingroom to virtually no fans and make no money whatsoever.

Bow down.

I'ma go with Buckethead. He gots mad skillz for a freak.

They both dont have dicks...

And you do????? Not what the fat chick in the bushes is saying!!!

Jonas they are a more widely known and they can sing and play.

All around performers. Never heard anyone sing with a bucket on

their head and a mask. I don't see the large crowds going to BH concerts

like the Jonas's and there all girls. If you don't like that there is something

wrong with you.

CW

Joke topic.

Only a complete idiot would vote Jonas brothers over a true musician like Buckethead.

Grow up.

Britney Spears sells more than both of these guys put together..and guess what she has ZERO talent.

small minded people just dont get Buckethead...and I'm glad they dont :)

Only an idiot thinks less is better. You should do well in life.

CW

Only an idiot thinks less is better. You should do well in life.

CW

Only a total idiot thinks more of a bad thing is better than less of a good thing.

when you grow up you'll understand this ..the pic. of your dog is lame.. go buy 100 more dogs because according to u more is better ..right?

You are the type of person i wish would leave the planet.

enjoy your Britney spears and Jonas Brothers cd's.....lol!

Only a total idiot thinks more of a bad thing is better than less of a good thing.

when you grow up you'll understand this ..the pic. of your dog is lame.. go buy 100 more dogs because according to u more is better ..right?

You are the type of person i wish would leave the planet.

enjoy your Britney spears cds and Jonas Brothers.....lol!

Spoken like a true punk fanboy

CW

Archived