Gibson Brands Forums

You know what pisses me off.

dem00n

Lottery Tickets are frustrating when all you want to do is pay for gas, and the professional gambler is in line ahead of you, carefully selecting the winning ticket they can retire on, then another, and another until they're another 50$ in the whole and I lost ten minutes of my life.

• 2 months later...

I remember once I was riding the bus home, mid-afternoon, and the route passes by the container pier, and I was watching two tug boats haul a big cargo ship out, and it just happened to be in the general eyeline of some wanna-be hardcore UFC dude. I had my headphones in and finally after a few minutes he yells out;

"WHAT? WHAT THE F**K YOU LOOKING AT?!"

I didn't even realize he was yelling at me until my attention snapped back to inside the bus and looked at him. He realized I wasn't looking at him and went back to being his usual potential serial killer self.

When people get all fired up, I like to diffuse the situation by treating them like children.

I.E. I bumped into a guy at the bar one night and spilled a bit of his beer (full bar)...i said "Oh i'm sorry about that".....he then proceeded to shove me...almost ALL of my beer went flying...he screamed at me...wanted to fight me right there and then. He called me a ***** etc etc.

I just stood there looking at him and finally when he quieted down a little, my response was "You want to fight me because I spilled a sip of your beer on the floor? What are you, like 10? Most adults I know don't resort to physical violence over something so petty. I understand you're probably drunk...might I also point out that you spilled more of my beer than I spilled of yours?"

The guy just stared at me for a few secs...shook his head and went back to his conversation....

Warning for younger folks....this doesn't ALWAYS work...sometimes you get your *** handed to you. It always works for me, but I think I am good at assessing my opponent (I.E. I know when they are all talk and also when to just keep my own mouth shut)...i've been lucky enough not to get my *** kicked at a bar...so far. #-o

Archived